Why Cello Health Communications?
Want to work for a vibrant and dynamic company, which invests in its people?
Love to write and to mentor others?
Ambitious and eager to take the next step in your career?
Want to shape your role to match your strengths?
If this is you, then we would love to hear from you...
Due to continued agency growth, we are now recruiting for experienced medical writers at multiple levels to join the medical affairs division of Cello Health Communications. As members of the scientific team, the ideal candidates will have the opportunity to shape the roles to fit their strengths and be instrumental in the ongoing development and growth of the division. If leading a team to further success is what drives you, then we can certainly provide opportunities beyond a standard medical writing role.
Cello Health Communications has a team of writers, researchers and editors based in the UK and US, with a wide range of experience and expertise. Our sociable, friendly and proficient teams work on a large range of medical affairs projects across the product lifecycle, over an extensive range of therapy areas. We also work closely with our market research division, Cello Health Insight, to promote the benefits of market research data in shaping clinical practice and improving care for patients. We continually look for new ways to use and build upon our capabilities, and we value diversity, creativity and expertise.
We recognize and value the differences in our employees and put a strong emphasis on creating opportunities for advancement that complement and develop strengths and further careers. As part of the Cello Health group, we are able to offers the opportunity to collaborate across different businesses, and we have offered secondments across divisions where there has been specific interest to learn more about our business.About YouRequirements
If you have medical writing experience (especially in medical publications) in a medical communications agency role or similar, and you are looking to progress into a role with variety, client interaction, integration in a cross-functional team and great career prospects, then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you. We need people who demonstrate excellent judgement, and who are not averse to a challenge while always looking for solutions.
We're looking for brilliant individuals who demonstrate an excellent scientific understanding, an ability to tell a scientific story that resonates with the target audience, a passion for communications and outstanding writing skills. The ideal candidates will have a precise attention to detail and thrive on working at pace, whilst being able to effortlessly manage different priorities.
In return for your passion we provide mentoring, personalised training and support to enable you to achieve your career goals.The role requires a balanced ability to
- To be responsible for the development and delivery of high-quality medical materials including scientific strategy and platforms, publication plans and outputs, slides for different audiences, patient materials, creative copy, etc. (depending on experience/accounts) which are within budget and meet deadlines
- To be the scientific expert - both internally and in discussion with the client - in client therapy areas
- To support on new business opportunities depending on the needs of our clients and/or teams
- Experience as a medical writer, senior medical writer or principal medical writer in a healthcare communications agency environment or similar (we particularly would like to hear from people with a passion for medical publications)
- Outstanding writing, editing and communication skills and excellent command of the English language
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar therapy areas
- Exceptional attention to detail in relation to both scientific content and editorial standards
- A life science graduate (preferably a PhD)
- Experience of client and HCP liaison
- Initiative and a high level of independence
- Ability to adapt writing style to different materials and target audiences
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience of referencing software and database searching preferable
- Adept at communicating clearly and collaborating with colleagues
- Highly organised and methodical
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (+ your birthday off!)
- Private Healthcare
- Life insurance and income protection
- Cycle to work scheme, rail ticket season loan