Our client is a fast-growing company working at the cutting edge of power electronics technologies. They specialise in DC-DC converters, motor drives, battery management systems and other power electronics to support automotive, marine, telecommunications and green industries. They are looking to recruit a creative Senior Power Electronics Engineer to join their busy engineering team and play a key part in the growth and success of our business.
They have invested heavily in the latest test equipment and facilities meaning you will have only the best resources to work with. You will be designing, building and testing power electronics systems from concept to prototype and into production. You will have hands-on involvement all the way.
This is a great opportunity for a senior engineer to design, build and test power electronics systems from ideas through to prototypes and into production, with hands-on involvement all the way. The company have invested heavily in test equipment and facilities to ensure that everything required to develop the latest in power electronics is to hand.
The successful applicant will be taking ideas and customer requirements from a concept phase through to working prototypes. Working on a range of technologies, they will quickly simulate possible solutions and then try them out on the bench.
Reports to Chief Engineer.
* Specification writing and interpretation.
* Circuit design and simulation of DC-DC, AC-DC converters using hard, soft and resonant switching techniques.
* PCB design from schematics.
* Power electronics circuit layout.
* Design interface, gate drive and control PCBs.
* Prototyping and product development on the bench.
* Product / Project documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
* Writing embedded control software as required.
* Day-to-day project management and reporting.
* Liaison with customers and suppliers, occasionally working on customer sites with their engineers.
You must be degree qualified in Electronics Engineering or equivalent and possess at least 2 years' experience of working in a similar field of Power Electronics with strong experience in design and test.
You will also need to have a keen eye for detail, creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of CAN bus communications.
* Practical soldering skills (using a microscope) required for PCB assembly.
* Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation.
* Experience of Matlab / Simulink / LabVIEW / MISRA C an advantage.
* Familiar with product delivery process from requirements capture to design validation, preferably for power electronics or electric vehicle electronics.
* Knowledge of designing for high voltages and high currents an advantage.
* Proven delivery of goals while working to tight timescales.
* Experience of DFMEA an advantage.
An excellent benefits package is on offer including pension scheme, flexible working times and 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Kate Evans quoting the reference number GP189
We look forward to hearing from you