WHO WE ARE
CodeYourFuture helps refugees and other disadvantaged people start thriving careers in tech. Our year-long coding courses are free of charge, and we cover our students' expenses.
We are passionate about diversifying the tech industry and empowering people to build meaningful careers. With 70% of our graduates gaining employment or access to further education, our courses have a real, tangible impact on people's lives.
Our work is coordinated by a community of staff and volunteers from across the globe. They work together to create an inclusive and welcoming environment where our students can grow.
We're hiring a Programme Manager - North West (UK) to support CYF trainees on their journey to employment and to empower the volunteers who deliver critical elements of our programme.
Why would you do this job?
· You passionately believe that everyone deserves a thriving life
· You understand the power of education and how it can change peoples lives
· You want to build strong and inclusive communities
· You want to make a strong impact in the work you do
· You want to be the driving force in growing a successful programme across the North West
· You love working with people to ensure high-quality results
The Programme Manager supports the running of each cohort while working on expanding CYF activities, for example:
· Coordinating volunteer activity
· Developing CYF processes and working on building partnerships to help CYF grow in the region
· Tracking trainee progress & welfare
· Ensure top outcomes for our trainee: the candidate empowers our volunteers to get the most out of our trainees
· Business development: the candidate can demonstrate the ability to grow the programme & CYF's activities in the North West through partnerships & business development.
· Community-led project management: the candidate has a track record of empowering volunteers and communities to deliver successful projects.
What will you be doing?
· Facilitating volunteer activities by providing resources, structure and guidance to a team of approx. 50 volunteers
· Building self-empowered volunteer teams; ensure they have the tools needed to deliver high-quality support and training to volunteers
· Coordinating with the global team on NW activities for alignment where needed
· Building relationships with local NGOs and charities to provide holistic support to our trainees and to better integrate our programme into the local community
· Building a network of partners in the NW to help grow our activities
· Coordinate the volunteer Leadership Programme in the NW, working with the global team to train and manage regional volunteer leaders
· Experience of working with or in grass-routes organisations
· Experience of working with and supporting volunteers
· Experience of building self-organised teams and empowering team members
· Relationship building experience
o You should be able to demonstrate a history of building effective relationships with charities and businesses
· Self-driven work ethic
o you'll have significant control over the way that you spend your time to be the most impactful
· Experience working in or with diverse communities
o An understanding of and empathy for the issues that may face the students attending CYF
· Experience working managing volunteers in a community, grassroots setting
o You understand the nuances of working with and leading volunteer teams
· Coaching or mentoring experience
o You know how to build good relationships with mentees and share knowledge
Interest in software development, coding and the potential of the tech industry
YOU SHOULD BE
· A quick learner
· You should be able to pick up new skills quickly and be willing to develop a good understanding of the fundamentals of the technology that we teach
· Effective at prioritisation
· A proficient communicator, especially remotely
· Open-minded and encouraging when taking input from experienced volunteers
· Able to take weekly calls in the evening (working hours are flexible)
· Enthusiastic about problem-solving in a growing organisation
· Fluent in English
· Passionate about improving access to vocational training for disadvantaged people
· Interested in technology and the opportunities it creates
· Salary: £24,000 - 30,000*
· Hours: full time
· Location: North-west, commutable distance to Manchester
· Benefits: Pension, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and your birthday), flexible working policy
Reporting to: Founder CEO
*The salary is based on previous experience for the role.
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com