Our client is a fast-growing company working at the cutting edge of power electronics and battery technologies. They have roots in motorsport and the automotive industry and support industries and they specialise in DC-DC converters, motor drives, battery management systems and other power electronics to support electrification within the automotive, marine, telecommunications and green industries.
They have reached the stage where leadership structure has become important to maximise the productivity and drive of the entire team so they are looking to recruit an innovative a Senior Systems Engineer. You will report to the Engineering Manager, you will take responsibility for the technical delivery of one or more projects and ensure that the team of engineers on those projects understand their tasks and responsibilities.
You will take ownership for your own tasks and will endeavour to deal with issues using your own acumen. You will communicate closely with the Project Management team and will escalate issues when appropriate. You will have strong experience in systems engineering and will share the responsibility of growing the company's systems engineering capability with the Engineering Manager.
You will understand the importance of Systems Engineering and the application of it to
electrification of the transport industry. You will have good experience of the automotive
Lastly, you will enjoy working as part of a close knit team where every individual's
contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every
member of the business.
To fulfil the role you will
• drive the application and implementation of requirements led engineering
• ensure adherence to requirements
• support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans particularly the implication of work load associated with process management and functional safety
• have some experience in controls and software
• have strong experience working with, and applying the concept of, ISO26262 (or equivalent) Systems Process management
• be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
• be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager and customers
• be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises
• be able to communicate the implications of functional safety on timing and cost to a non-technical audience (i.e. provide Business Development support)
• understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
• demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
You will need a degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of five years' experience of working within a similar field of embedded software design or application ideally for the control of power electronics. You will need to have coached one or more junior engineers.
Other advantageous skills
• Having led a Systems Engineering team
• A background in Controls, Software or Electronics
• Experience of system level product integration (such as whole vehicle)
Excellent benefits package is on offer including pension scheme, flexible working times and 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Kate Evans quoting reference number GP188
We look forward to hearing from you