CHARITY MANAGER - WEST FM AND WESTSOUND (AYRSHIRE AND DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY)Job Introduction
Reporting to the Regional Charity Manager for the West of Scotland, you will be responsible for two key areas: Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway. Working closely with your own team, the wider Scotland team and the UK. You will also be working with all the radio teams to engage with the audiences to generate awareness and funds.
The Charity Manager will be required to develop the charity as an integral part of the business, building and maintaining profitable, long-term funding relationships with Corporates; and establish relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally across the areas of Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway. The ideal candidate will have extensive local corporate contacts and be able to demonstrate how these relationships will be beneficial. Networking will be a major part of this role in order to recruit companies to adopt Cash for Kids in the Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway area.Main Responsibilities
- Be responsible for delivering the strategy, planning and day to day management of the charity.
- Responsible for achieving agreed fundraising targets through the effective implementation of high-profile events and campaigns in the plan.
- Research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support, with new corporate partners whilst maintaining relationships with current supporters including identifying high net worth supporters and corporate contacts.
- Liaising with fundraisers, beneficiaries and radio personnel to ensure smooth running of all fundraising activities and campaigns.
- Maximise fundraising potential of all events and activities and hit targets.
- Raising awareness of the charity and its work.
- Providing client management and project co-ordination with colleagues.
- Undertaking other duties that might be assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships including people management and/or leading a team
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal & written
- Be energetic, positive, persuasive and enthusiastic, with a hands-on approach and great work ethic
- Proven track record in a sales/corporate environment
- Project Management skills and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Be able to prioritise work effectively with maximum impact on cash growth
- Have the ability to work on own initiative
- Have flexibility to work evenings/weekends when required.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, 365 Teams, Outlook & presentation systems
- Have a solid knowledge of all modern Social Media networking tools and able to use them effectively
- Be a team player - to develop a good working relationship with the charity team, wider radio station teams and national charity team
- Experience of either charity fundraising, events, or marketing/PR is advantageous
- Presentation and sales skills are essential and must be demonstrated
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role
- Have a good personality, confidence and sense of humour
- A background in fundraising is preferable as is living within the key areas your will cover - West FM Cash for Kids (Ayrshire) or Westsound Cash for Kids (Dumfries & Galloway)