A wonderful opportunity has arisen to support and assist with the timely and efficient resolution of IT related issues encountered by the business. This position would someone keen on systems and IT and able to work well in a small close-knit team helping staff across the manufacturing and office divisions of the business as an IT assistant.
- Positive day-to-day attitude!
- Maintaining production control systems, resolving stuck orders and error tracking
- Delivery of IT projects, such as new workflow (when there are new products, customers, hardware etc), including carrying out testing
- Supporting every stage of the system/hardware lifecycle, from conception through to retirement
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Providing users with technical support and training (1st and 2nd level of IT support)
- Ensuring the necessary security provisions are in place, including ongoing/routine backups
- Monitor systems and maintain communication facility throughout the site
- Providing frequent hardware basic checks and after necessary training given also its repair when required (handling devices with appropriate documentation and excellent standard)
- The IT Support Assistant is responsible for other such duties as specified by the Management team and Directors to enable the Company to fulfil its orders and obligations.
- Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations, including Health and Safety, as outlined in the Company Handbook and Health & Safety Manual.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all knowledge and information appertaining to the Company, its customers, and its employees.
- At least 2 years' experience within an office based role, ideally in a tech support function
- Knowledge of Network infrastructure and cabling, preferably HP/Aruba
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent team working and communication skills - the job holder will deal with internal customers at all levels of the organisation, including end users, the operations team and senior management
- The ability to prioritise multiple tasks and projects based on business needs
- Proactive with a positive, can-do attitude
- The ability to learn quickly
- Quality conscious
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working hours and provide necessary cover where needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, such as Windows Desktop, Office365, Windows Servers and Active Directory
- Basic knowledge of Linux server's administration
- Apple Mac OS knowledge