We're looking for a Senior Volunteering & Community Officer to join the team at insert property. If you have experience in volunteer management then we'd like to hear from you.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Salary: £24,075 per annumContract: PermanentWhat it's like to work here
The Trust owns and looks after 10% of the total area of the Isle of Wight, including 17 miles of coastline, many areas of outstanding natural beauty and several unique historic attractions and features. We have 16 holiday cottages in our care on the Isle of Wight ranging from one to seven bedroom properties.What you'll be doing
You will be managing the development and delivery of this portfolio's strategic plan for volunteering and communities alongside the property leadership team. Managing and embedding change whilst widening and deepening our relationships with existing and new audiences.
You will also increase the confidence and capability of others whilst creating a collective, flexible and inclusive environment for existing & future volunteers, communities and partners.Who we're looking for
- Understanding and good practice of volunteer management.
- Understanding of good practice in community engagement and involvement, as well as broader participation and partnership working.
- Practical and successful experience of developing and implementing new products and approaches to volunteers.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to coach and support those managing, supervising and working alongside volunteers and community partners.
- Strong communication skills.
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.