We are delighted to be working with a global leading civil engineering organisation within Temporary Formworks, that is the market leader in the UK, searching for Principal Engineer - Structures. The Principal Engineer for non-Ground Shoring, will report directly to the Chief Engineer and must be Chartered. You will be part of the UK Senior Engineering Management Team, leading, managing, and developing engineering services for the UK team.
As the Principle Engineer you will have a team reporting into you of Engineering Managers and Senior Project Engineers/Designers.
- The Principal Engineer - Structures will be responsible to the Chief Engineer/Engineering Director for:
- The line management and engineering output of the Head Office based Structures Engineering Teams ensuring safety and efficiency
- Ensure that technical work they are responsible for is in accordance with the company Engineering Policy and Procedures
- Provide engineering support to the Engineering Function and to customers
- Processing or checking of major and/or complex construction projects or engineering issues entering the Engineering Function as required
- Proactively assist in the production of technical information and tools to improve the effectiveness of the department
What we need from you:
- You must be a Chartered Engineer
- We require this person to have PM experience of complex, heavy engineering design within the UK including Travelling Formwork and use of special steel in innovative ways
- You must have the ability to think outside of the box
- As a member of the senior management team, you will be tenacious and drive through designs with strong stakeholder management dealing with Sales Engineers and Operations
- With a team reporting into you, it is important that you can demonstrate leadership and motivational skills
- Be available to work when required in the Head Office in the Midlands
If you are Chartered and interested in this role, apply now please.