Director of Engineering - Luxury Hotel - South WalesJob precis:
We are seeking an experienced Chief Engineer or Director of Engineering to head up the engineering and maintenance team at this 5* luxury hotel resort in South Wales. The property boasts extensive leisure facilities as well as vast conference and event space. Strong leadership and teamwork qualities are essential to the success of this position. A focus on standards and customer service are required and the desire to develop the team through apprenticeships and training is preferred. Job advert description:About the role
What we are looking for
- Lead and manage the maintenance department and team.
- Oversee the day-to-day PPM at the hotel.
- Lead and manage large ad intricate Capex projects.
- Control the engineering budget carefully.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and customer service ethos across the team and with the wider hotel teams.
- Champion learning and development through apprenticeships for junior team members.
- Ensure maintenance coverage for the property out of normal working hours.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and contractors.
Package short description:
- Senior hotel engineering or maintenance experience is essential.
- Luxury resort hotel experience and / or knowledge is highly desirable.
- Current experience as a Chief Engineer or Director of Engineering is preferable.
- A self-motivated, driven, guest-orientated and proactive attitude is required.
- A willingness to involve the engineering team in wider hotel activities would be advantageous.
- People management and leadership experience is essential.
- Budgeting and Capex expenditure acumen is essential.
Up to £65,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/93261617