My client is a fantastic Software solutions provider . They have a role for a Software designer. You can work anywhere sin the UK .
Work within the design and development group to create and implement sustainable software products and cloud services using our selected approaches and technologies. Agile, Java, Postgres and Metabase Opensource Toolkits etc.
Proven ability to empathise, understand and put themselves in the shoes of different information system users, social care professionals, teachers and 3rd sector support workers, administrators, parents/carers and young people and individuals with diverse needs.
Specific Job Skills/Experience/Objectives:
- High level technical understating of relational databases, webservices.
- Use of prototyping tools such as balsamiq.
- Strong communication skills to build relationships with customers and elicit clear and buildable requirements and lead customer workshops / meetings / Review sessions.
- Presentation skills - to be able to present the new work or designs to customers / internal colleagues.
- Collaborations skills - ability to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge with delivery and Customer care teams to help support their work.
- Have a good grasp of software design for usability.
- Knowledge of Accessibility rules.
- Awareness of Security principles for software design.
- Oversee the translation of business requirements into technical concepts, and make sure that changes are aligned with the product roadmap.
- Create specifications detailing both functional and technical requirements aligning to product roadmap and customer requirements.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of software, underlying network and system software dependencies.
- Co-ordinate with the Head of Product and Engineering to assess development effort in accordance with client requirements.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to the development team.
- Work within the design and development group to create and implement sustainable software products and cloud services using our selected approaches and technologies. Agile, Java, Postgres and Metabase Opensource Toolkits etc.
- Proven experience of relevant prototyping approaches to test ideas and take forward into implemented software information system products.
Specific Job Skills/Experience
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Well organised/good time management
- Good Interpersonal skills to be able to work with many different colleagues doing different types of work
- Professional yet friendly approach
- 'Can do' attitude.
- Ability to work to tight budgets and deadlines
- Self-motivated - ability to work on your own
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Team player