This is an excellent opportunity for a first / second time mover ACA / ACCA individual with a background in Financial Services, who is seeking a business who can provide them with excellent progression opportunities, as well as much flexibility with working from home.
This will involve working with the senior Finance Manager to manage the accounting and reporting activities of the Insurance Accounting Team, ensuring the completeness, accuracy and consistency of underlying financial data. The role holder will ensure key financial numbers are collated and reported which will necessitate liaison with external parties and internal stakeholders.
- Reconciliations between different systems as well as reconciling/investigating balance sheet broker accounts.
- Assist in the monthly close process, including preparation and posting of all underwriting and non-underwriting journals.
- Completing tasks for the on-line reconciliation tool.
- Ensure the statutory books and records are properly maintained in accordance with Accounting policies and market best practice.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly results for submission to the (Re) / Insurance Finance Director, senior European (EO) management and Group.
- Assist in the production of the monthly & quarterly management reports, Group reporting package and associated audit files.
- Working with colleagues in London, as well as the GSSC, to ensure the overall output and quality of the service provided by the team is to an appropriate high standard.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or equivalent).
* Recent or current experience of working for an Insurance Accounting team or within a Big 4 firm.
* Significant experience of working in a complex financial services environment.
* Strong financial accounting background.
* Familiarity with Oracle, TM1, Blackline and Hyperion desirable.
* Experienced MS Excel user (pivots, if statements, lookups and experience of working with large amounts of data).
* Excellent command of MS Office applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Someone that can work accurately and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
* Someone that is able to think quickly and clearly under pressure.
* A dynamic individual that can adapt quickly to change.