Operational AccountantWest Molesey, Surrey
About Our Client
- Designer and manufacturer of ingenious environmental monitoring technology
- Broad role offering operational support to the business
Part of the Sonardyne Group, Chelsea Technologies designs and manufactures ingenious environmental monitoring technology to make the world safer, cleaner and smarter.
Across shipping, marine science, water quality, defence and industrial process control, our best-in-class sensors and systems are trusted for the sensitivity, accuracy, reliability and sophistication. We've built our unrivalled specialist expertise over 50 years, and we apply this with new rigour to every engineering challenge our clients set us.
Our pioneering technology is helping to gauge shipping emissions, explore the oceans, create healthier fisheries, optimise crop spraying, improve production efficiency, even monitor microplastics and climate change.Job Description
To take responsibility for accounting down to Gross Margin level
(Sales, Cost of Sales, Production costs and Variances) including ensuring correct revenue recognition and correct allocation of cost of sales.
Accounting for stock and work in progress accounts
To investigate and analyse all production variance accounts
ensuring accuracy and validity, identifying the causes of erroneous variances and advising on corrective actions.
To manage key internal financial processes within inventory and Work In Progress
(WIP), including the standard costing system. This will involve updating the standard costs of purchased parts, made in parts and sub-contract operations and the updating of work centre labour rates.
To lead and manage the Company's annual stock take and cycle counting process.
To produce monthly management accounts
for the Company
To provide in-depth analysis and reports
on the Company's sales and margin by a variety of different analysis fields including market, product group, geographic area and customer.
To be the Company's primary point of contact with the UK Finance Shared Service Centre (SSC)
To compile the Company's annual budget and periodic forecasts
in collaboration with the Company's executive management team including liaison with the SSC as required.
To ensure the integrity and validity of the financial data from the Engineering Project System
to encompass reviewing all new projects
To be the Company's primary point of contact
with the UK Finance Shared Service CentreThe Successful Applicant
- Understanding of Business Processes within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment e.g. Finance's interaction with manufacturing processes, tracking and analysis of material/project costs etc.
- Understanding of costing techniques (e.g. standard costing, average costing, etc)
- Knowledge of revenue recognition and margin analysis
- Accounting standards and financial statutory requirements, particularly in relation to inventory accounting.
- Extensive experience of Management accounting in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (in particular, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs and charts within Excel)
Candidates must be suitable for security clearance via MOD UKSV.What's on Offer
Along with a competitive salary and potential bonus, Chelsea offers a quality pension Scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
The role is normally 37.5 hours Monday - Friday 8am-9am - 4pm-5pm with our 'flexi-hour' start and finish options and 30 minutes for lunch.Closing Date:
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.Ref Code: