This is a great opportunity to join a massive industrial client on a 12m day rate contractClient Details
My client is a household named, heavy Industrial business with sites across the UK.Description
Reporting to the regional HOF, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the accounts for the South Wales area.
- To act as a finance partner for the South Wales Team, providing critical insight and challenge into all aspects of financial performance of for the South Wales Area to drive delivery of business performance objectives.
- To lead the South Wales business planning and reporting cycle (strategic plan, budgets, outlooks and forecasts) in line with Regional and Group reporting requirements. To ensure that there is business accountability through this process.
- To drive responsibility and accountability for the delivery of Capital Expenditure programmes linked to the South Wales plants and opportunities and to analyse and monitor returns against this expenditure for the purposes of reporting back to senior stakeholders and Group.
- To be responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and compliant accounting information (SOx, relevant accounting standards, rules of business) for the South Wales, and produce accounts that comply with company processes, procedures and statutory requirements.
- To be a key member of the Regional finance team leading the process for balance sheet reviews, controls, provisions and reconciliations with the Shared Service Centre at Regional level
- To operate in a matrix structure, taking responsibility for consistent MI for Regional finance in designated functional areas.
- To support the Regional Head Of Finance and Management team prepare 5 year Strategic Plans and Regional business plans.relating to the South Wales
- To contribute to the delivery of the finance strategy in the improving the company's financial controls, development of MI tools and reporting practices.
- To support the South Wales leadership team in the provision of financial information.
- To manage the reporting and analysis of the South Wales performance as part of the company's management reporting cycle, including the reporting deliverables.
- To deliver sound financial analysis in order to facilitate the consistent delivery of outstanding financial results through the insightful reporting of Sales and Production Volumes, Selling Price, Costs, EBITDA, RONA and EBIT.
- To facilitate the management team making optimal decisions to drive business results through the provision of insightful analysis.
- To assist in ensuring cashflow is optimised through the prompt resolution of any invoicing queries with customers and timely collection of cash, in relation to the South Wales programme of work.
- To monitor, analyse and report on the progress with approved high value capital expenditure programmes linked to the delivery of the area commitments.
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with several years post qualification experience
- A proven track record of financial delivery, with operational and commercial experience in large multi site, Industrial or manufacturing businesses.
- Demonstrable understanding of complex organisations, key business issues and financial statements, controls and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop relationships and networks
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Good financial accounting background, with relevant technical skills
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent planning skills to deliver against multiple deadlines
- Ability to identify and drive process change and improvement
- Strong SAP / SAP BW experience
an initial 3 month day rate contract the will be extended to 12m for the right person
Salary in the range of £300 - £350 per day
there will be some travel required to other sites (mileage will be provided)