McKinlay Kidd is a multiple award-winning domestic travel business. Established for nearly 20 years, we offer special-experience and tailor-made holidays throughout Scotland, Ireland, England & Wales, from road trips to small group rail tours. We have always had a strong track record in delivering fantastic trips for domestic holidaymakers, so while 2020 was tough, we are now experiencing a busy 2021 season. We are looking ahead to a positive future based on existing local business and the return in time of inbound international customers.
We pride ourselves on personal service, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. The company is on a firm financial footing and is ambitious to continue to grow in the coming years, offering plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge and take on more responsibility within a friendly and supportive team.
We intend to maintain a small office in Glasgow City Centre where most of the team will be based full-time. We are happy to support remote-working in particular circumstances, especially related to local product and sales knowledge.The Role
You will be responsible for the administration of tailormade UK and Ireland holiday bookings once a sale has been confirmed. You will make and confirm reservations with our suppliers mainly by email and phone, along with efficiently processing deposit and balance payments to provide a seamless experience for our customers. This role requires you to work in partnership with small, local businesses who share our commitment to quality and customer service.
You will have responsibility for monitoring any delays, cancellations or changes to travel plans and subsequently make the necessary amendments to travel itineraries, sometimes liaising directly with our customers. Your role is to support the Operations Manager and be at the core of our daily activities to ensure a first-class service is provided at all times.
Please enclose a brief CV and covering letter describing your favourite place in the UK or Ireland and outlining what attracts you to the role.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong administration and customer service focus as well as outstanding attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
- You will be comfortable with IT systems and be able to work fast and accurately.
- The ability to be a quick learner is essential.
- You will relish the challenge of working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, responding well to meeting deadlines.
- You must have a good knowledge or keen interest in the geography of Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales
- You will not only enjoy being organised, articulate and approachable but also gain satisfaction from hearing the feedback from customers after their holiday.
- Some experience in the travel or hospitality industry will be beneficial, though we welcome applicants from other backgrounds too - above all, we are seeking a can-do attitude.
- This role may suit a recent graduate or returner, and we may be able to offer some flexibility in working hours.
- This is a permanent position, based in our office in central Glasgow. Occasional evening and weekend working may be required at peak times.