(mix between on and offline marketing, Marketing Manager, SEO, PPC, CRM, CPA, Copywriting, Content, PR, Events on and offline)
- Leading awarding winning cloud accounting SAAS firm (PLC)
- Based in SW London Nr Hammersmith
- Established over 10 years ago, with over 40 staff.
- Flexible home/ work setup
- Stand alone marketing role working closely with the CEO/ CFO/ COO Etc.
- They provide an easy to use cloud accounting and payroll software for small businesses and accountants. They sell their software through three channels: (a) direct to SMEs through their website; (b) via accountants to their clients; and (c) via large, strategic partners who have small business customers.
- Their mission is to empower micro-businesses to better understand and manage their finances.
- Over the past twelve years, they've built a tight-knit team that feels like a family and which has a friendly, enthusiastic and loyal ethos. Employee happiness and recognition is extremely important to them and they encourage employees to have a healthy work-life balance. They are normally based in in SW London (Nr) Hammersmith, London, but at the moment most of the team is working from home.
- You will be an extremely proactive and energetic marketer who can plan and execute well-thought-out marketing campaigns, a team player with a positive attitude, an acute eye for detail, and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- This is a team of one, you will own the end to end marketing and you will need to be extremely organised and capable.
- You will report directly to the CEO and work alongside the CEO, CFO and Product Manager to plan and implement marketing strategies whilst fully understanding their target audience (small/micro-businesses).
- You'll manage the end-to-end marketing function whilst working within budget to ensure that we meet business acquisition, upsell and retention goals. You will be expected to work with a good level of autonomy, leading projects whilst being supported by the Senior Management Team as appropriate.
- Manage and optimise their current PPC campaigns providing recommendations to the CEO and CFO to improve our CPA
- Increase SEO ranking performance and website traffic: including by creating and publishing SEO-optimised content.
- Keeping the website up to date with relevant information and making updates when necessary
- Supporting their partnership strategy by building positive relationships with prospective and current partners to effectively promote their partnerships
- Defining the strategy and executing effective marketing campaigns for new features, products and partnerships across all marketing channels including in-product displays, email, blog posts, social and PR ensuring on-time delivery of initiatives and to a standard reflective of the brand.
- You will be a strong copywriter and own all the marketing messaging
- Obtain sign off for campaign materials to ensure they are legally compliant, reflect the product correctly and have accurate company details.
- Proposing and implementing creative marketing campaigns to generate more inbound leads to them, convert more trialists to paying customers, and upsell to our existing customers
- Lead the setting of performance metrics for marketing campaigns, collating data and reporting on outcomes
- Be an expert on your product and feature launch tactics
- Work closely with the sales and account management team to improve customer conversion and retention as well as production of monthly communications
- Achieving a smooth handover of responsibilities from the existing Marketing Manager
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Ability to get your hands dirty - you will be a team of one
- Strong experience in selling to small businesses, particularly microbusinesses
- Ideally strong experience or understanding of accounting software, financial services or financial technologies
- An innovative thinker who can propose new ideas to achieve results
- Knowledge of SEO and PPC, including proven experience of successfully increasing website ranking
- Experience in delivering successful PPC campaigns
- Experience using a CRM and have the ability to build emails and manage data within it (preferably Agile CRM)
- Adept in an environment with many competing priorities, and able to quickly and effectively prioritise these
- Track record of delivering compelling marketing campaigns that are built in-house
- Ability to propose and evaluate a tradeoff between alternatives, and articulate why
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong project management and documentation skills
- Strong copywriting skills
- Confidence in presenting and discussing ideas at Senior Management or board level
- A team player - we are a small and tight-knit team with a strong hands-on culture
If this is of interest, please get in touch and send your CV Grant