The SF Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant. My Client are a growing business who are driven to becoming the market leader in their field. Their offices are open plan and modern with on site parking available. All employees will be provided with ongoing training and support from the well structured and experienced Management team. This company offer an excellent benefits package.
- Production of monthly management accounts in the form of a MA pack including profit and loss account, balance sheet and KPI analysis on business performance for pre-determined operating Company within the reporting timetable
- Review and analysis of monthly performance for each reporting branch within the relevant operating Company
- Presenting the performance of each branch to the Group Financial Controller, Group Finance Manager and Regional Directors on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts and profit and loss account analysis on a monthly basis
- Prepare and post month end journals for accruals, prepayments, accrued income, accrued payroll costs, depreciation & amortisation
- Posting of weekly/fortnightly/4weekly/monthly payroll journals for employees paid by the relevant branch
- Liaise with Branch and Regional Managers to improve performance where possible
- Working closely with the Branch and Regional Managers to prepare the annual budget
- Liaise with payroll, purchase ledger and sales ledger departments to ensure that all financial transactions are correctly recorded, executed and monitored
- Liaise with auditors in the provision of information for the audit each year
- Assist in the preparation of the year end statutory financial statements
- Prepare and submit forms for National Statistics
- Various ad-hoc projects required by the Group Finance Manager/Group Financial Controller.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Be keen to pursue a career in accounting with a view to undertake study towards becoming a fully qualified accountant such as ACCA or CIMA
- Previous experience in or exposure to accounting such as a placement year
- Be a team player with strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills including intermediate level of use of Excel
- Take responsibility of own duties and be enthusiastic to take on new challenges
- Be well presented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high concern of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Appreciate the demands of working in a growing business.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you please apply for immediate consideration.