WIG's mission is to encourage individuals and, through them, their organisations to work together across the sectors to inspire better leadership, make better informed decisions and find better solutions which benefit society.
This is an exciting time to join the WIG team to help enable us to provide a trusted environment in which leaders are exposed to cross-sector perspectives through the transfer of knowledge, skills and experience. In so doing, we will offer the opportunity for connections, collaboration and mutual learning, and we will use the support of those that have benefited to advance our purpose. Background
WIG, a registered charity, is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation. Our philosophy is underpinned by our values: Creative, Open-minded and Trusted.
We are a small, agile and supportive team who work together to get things done. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role represents an exciting opportunity to be part of a new Operations team to support WIG in its mission with efficient and effective finance, HR, IT, governance and administrative support. The new team will also comprise an Office Manager. This person will have access to a range of development opportunities, including via our unrivalled programme of learning and events. Role
Reporting to WIG's Head of Finance, the successful individual will assist in ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting systems, and the processes of accounts payable and accounts receivable, all of which are essential to ensure WIG is able to fulfil its charitable objectives. This work will support WIG delivery teams in their activities and help ensure future development & growth.Specific role responsibilities
The successful individual will be responsible for ensuring overall delivery of service, compliance, and financial reporting across WIG:
Other WIG Activities
- Perform day-to-day finance duties, including updating the bank feed and reconciliations, providing regular reporting to internal teams;
- Maintain all necessary accounting records including invoices, expenses, payments and transactions;
- Manage core ledgers and process transactions;
- Hold responsibility for internal financial controls;
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts, in compliance with the SORP and relevant GAAP. Liaison with auditors;
- Assist in preparation of the annual cash flow forecast, and preparation of monthly reconciliations between forecast and actual;
- Own the invoicing process and liaise effectively and appropriately with members and customers regarding invoicing queries - in particular the annual membership renewal process;
- Raise sales invoices as requested, working with delivery teams to support tracking and forecasting;
- Manage an effective credit control function, in liaison with relevant service leads, supported by KPIs; and
- Carry out ad hoc projects as required by the Head of Finance.
- Attendance at other WIG activities and contribution of pan-WIG work streams.
- Experience in a finance or book-keeping role, particularly invoicing processes;
- Experience of relevant accounting software such as Sage;
- Customer-focused approach;
- Ability to liaise effectively and appropriately with members, customers and auditors;
- Experience of working with budget holders and other stakeholders;
- Experience of preparing management accounts;
- Knowledge of control account and bank account reconciliations;
- Excellent organisational skills, combined with attention to detail and numerical accuracy;
- Adept at Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to understand key organisational objectives;
- Excellent inter-personal skills - an adaptable style to suit different people, cultures and situations;
- Desire to get involved in wider WIG projects and activities; and
- An interest in government, business and charities, their interaction, and the value of cross-sector learning.
Values and Behaviours
- Professional Accountancy or Book-keeping qualification;
- Familiarity with charity governance; regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Embodiment of WIG values internally and externally - Creative, Open-minded, Trusted;
- Flexibility - need for an 'all hands to the pump' attitude when the organisation is particularly busy.
You will have the opportunity for personal development. WIG invests in the training of its staff, and takes the support and development of its staff seriously.Terms of Employment and Employee Benefits
The position is available on a 4 day per week
basis and is based at our office near St James's Park (with home working until government guidelines are relaxed). We plan to offer flexibility of working hours and provision for some home working on return to the office, in line with organisational need. We offer a flexible working space, with an environment designed for various types of work.
Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 25 working days per year. Staff who have completed two years' service are entitled to 27 working days per year.In addition to the above entitlement, staff receive extra leave over Christmas when the office is closed.
WIG is committed to equality of opportunity and inclusion and we are keen to ensure that we appoint someone with the right skills, experience and commitment. As such, we are always willing to consider flexible working arrangements (including reduced hours working) for the right candidate.
- The deadline for applications is Midnight, Sunday 4th July 2021.
- First round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 12 July 2021.
- Second round virtual interviews will be held week commencing Monday 19th July 2021