Respite Registered Manager
Applicationdeadline: Monday 28th June 2021
Salary: £38,781.95 per annum
An exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Respite Registered Manager, as we continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
Salary: £38,781.95 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job type: Permanent
Service: Learning Disabilities and autism
Shift Pattern: A combination of Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm and some flexibility about weekends / evenings / early starts, to monitor the service and provide leadership and support to staff
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 25 days annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan and Cycle to Work scheme (eligible after 12 months' service)
About the role
The role of a Respite Registered Manager is to enable the Wandsworth respite team to deliver a state-of-art person centred short break service to about 50 individuals in a 7-bed residential service. It is also overseeing an outreach service that provides support to about 30 individuals.
Duties will include:
- Working in a consistent and positive way with managers and other team members to ensure people always receive a great service from the whole team
- Ensuring all organisation policies and specific agreed ways of working in the service are followed e.g. that specific support plans are being followed up, that medication processes are being adhered to, that money is managed effectively, that health and safety practices are carried out
- Actively leading the team's development by coaching and training colleagues in person centred support practices, appraisals, and supervision, giving and acting on received feedback; management of risks of the individual(s) they support through understanding what is important to the individual(s), involving their families, wherever possible, and ensuring decisions are accurately recorded
- Having a full understanding of the MCA, how to assess capacity, the best interest decision making process, who to involve, how to involve and who needs to be informed and updated
- Having a full understanding of CQC, their KLOE, their requirements and how to report any abuse and/or other related actions
- Leading and role modelling COVID 19 risk management best practice including taking part to a regular testing regime
To be a Registered Respite Manager at Certitude, the following are essential:
- A proven track record as a CQC registered manager within LD and autism adult services
- An experience of inspiring and motivating staff to provide personalised support and safeguard vulnerable individuals from abuse
- Able to provide leadership and support the team through change, driving performance and improving compliance and the quality of support
- Able to assess new referrals under time pressure and produce person centred risk management plans
About the Organisation
The Certitude Group are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,800 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we can support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1,500 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £48m.
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
Do you want to be a Respite Registered Manager at Certitude? Complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch!
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Manager, Respite, Registered, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP
Interview dates: 6th and 7th July
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.