New role for an individual with costing experience in the manufacturing industry!
Assistant Accountant; Manufacturing/Costing
Permanent - Full time
£23-28,500 depending on experience
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced accounts assistant; part Qualified CIMA/ACCA OR QBE; I'd love to hear from you if your experience is manufacturing and costing based!
Supporting the Financial Controller to provide finance information and interpretation to non finance business partners, your typical duties will include assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts and the production of budgets. Previous experience of cost accounting will be an essential component of this role. You will also need to have an in-depth grasp of financial accounting processes, as you will be assisting with statutory and management accounts and providing cover in the absence of the Financial Controller and other team members.
Your duties will include;
- Project accounting
- Cost Control - reporting weekly & monthly Cost Reduction, fixed costs
- Journals(including accruals and prepayments)
- Month end reconciliations
- Production, analysis and explanation of fixed Asset Register
- Management Accounts including variances to budget analysis & inventory
- Holding quarterly meeting
- Forecasting fixed overheads, accruals and prepayments, capital spend & depreciation charges
This role is perfect for someone looking for a long term career move; the company offers an excellent pension proposition, onsite parking and plenty of perks.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity then please apply online by following the link and uploading a current CV.