Position: Experienced Book-keeper / Junior Accountant
Based: EJF office in Bath or London
Contract: Part time (24 hours / week) / Available to start immediately
Salary range: £24,000 - 28,000 pro-rata (dependent upon experience)
• Private healthcare package
• Pro rata pension contributions rising with each year of service
• Pro rated annual leave of 28 days (including bank holidays) and additional paid leave over Christmas period, rising by 2 days for each year of service
• Cycle-to-work scheme
Reporting to the Global Finance and Resources Manager, the role is a rare opportunity for an experienced, precise and conscientious bookkeeper to join a dynamic and high-impact team working to protect our global environment and human rights.
EJF has offices and staff in London and Bath, Germany, Belgium, West Africa and Asia. The role is right for you if you're an energetic, enthusiastic and meticulously organised bookkeeper who can ensure that EJF's financial administration and operations run efficiently.
Undertake financial tasks including:
- Process invoices and purchase orders
- Post transactions and journals in Sage
- Manage petty cash, including reviewing and processing employee and volunteer expenses
- Support the production of high-quality financial reporting for use by management, funders and other users
- Deposit cheques into the bank
- Collate back-up required from online donations and sales in Stripe, Just Giving, PayPal etc
- Reconcile and process Gift-Aid
- Assist with financial projections analysis and monitoring of expenditure across EJF operations.
- Dispatch t-shirts sold by EJF
- Other data inputting as required
Essential skills and attributes:
• Very good understanding of accounting and a superb eye for detail; relevant book-keeping training and minimum of three years' work experience (preferably in charity sector).
• Knowledge of basic computing and IT skills / management of IT systems and / or database.
• Great communication skills - in writing and in person.
• Experience using Sage.
• Proactive and solution-oriented, highly organised and self-motivated.
• Enthusiastic, outgoing and friendly, able to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
• Commitment to securing value for money for EJF in all financial transactions you have a roll in.
• Employment or volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector.
• Demonstrable commitment to the protection of the environment and human rights.
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 25th June 2021.
Candidates able to start immediately will be preferred. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.