Heard of us?
We're a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams, delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance...
The purpose of the Operational Risk Analyst is to produce and support the development of risk reporting and analytics services to the Group Risk Function and in support of Aldermore's core Business Units as required. This includes regular analysis and reporting on portfolio composition, metrics, and emerging trends as well as the ad hoc production and collation of MI in response to requests from the Regulator, FirstRand Group or other internal and external key stakeholders.
You will ensure that regular risk reporting (i.e. Risk Appetite Framework and FirstRand Group reporting) is completed in line with accepted standards and additionally, to compile risk data from various systems, in different sources / formats, and to translate this into clear and concise information using graphs, tables and other tools as appropriate and work with senior stakeholders to build out commentary and insights. Through effective presentation of insight, this role will support a variety of audiences in undertaking effective risk monitoring and decision-making.
The role of Operating Risk Analyst is really important to us.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Head of Portfolio Management Reporting, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.What would your day look like?
What do we expect of you?
- Responsible for accurate and timely MI from the various systems and data repositories including the aggregation of data across the organisation that can be used to provide an enterprise wide view of risk for key stakeholders and decision makers within the business (i.e. CORC, ERC, BRC and FirstRand Committees).
- Collate results from central functions and business areas, identifying and escalating trends.
- Collation of papers and reporting packs to support monthly Risk Committee and key governance meetings.
- Liaising with Group Risk Senior Management Team to ensure that reports are accurate and meet key stakeholder requirements.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in all areas of the business to ensure that the Risk Management system is kept up to date with relevant and accurate information covering risk and control activity across the whole business including both customer and non-customer facing areas.
- Support the Head of Risk Reporting and Risk COO with analysis and production of thematic oversight reports ensuring these are timely, accurate and relevant to the risks of the business.
What can you expect of us?
- Strong data, analytical and interpretation skills, with a passion for problem-solving and continuous improvement.
- Sound knowledge of Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint and Tableau
- Sound reporting and presentation skills, with ability to translate data into concise, well presented information and insight.
- Experience of working within a risk or control area within financial services.
- Strong awareness of operational risk and control environment execution within a financial services environment.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, able to draft reports to senior leaders and Executive Committees.
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.Still Curious?
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.#backingyoutobringyourbestAldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.