Menopause Doctor (No. of days per week optional)
The Online Menopause Centre (OMC) is the UK's first CQC registered online menopause clinic. Our services and treatment are designed for every woman who is experiencing menopause related conditions. Simple, convenient, and affordable, OMC provides private video consultations with experienced female health doctors and nurses from the comfort of your home or workplace.Purpose of the role:
Following our successful launch in January this year, we are seeking an experienced, professional and specialist Menopause Doctor to join our busy clinical team and treat patients with a wide range of menopause related symptoms and conditions. Ideally, due to patient demand, we are looking for the doctor to work 2-3 days per week.
The Menopause Doctor will be thoroughly trained for the OMC pathway and will initially work under the close direction of the Founder and Clinical Director. If you're an experienced private GP who specialises and has a passion for women's and menopause health, we would like to hear from you.Responsibilities and duties:
· Initial Consultations -
This 30-min Initial consultation provides the doctor the opportunity to ask the patient questions and undertake medical assessments to determine the appropriate treatment to be provided.
As part of the consultation, you will need to:
- Review medical questionnaires prior to the consultation
- Provide onward referrals as appropriate
- Provide advice, follow ups and, private prescriptions where necessary
- Advise patients on cost of prescriptions/medications if needed
- Ensure patient records are accurate and contemporaneous
- Write a GP summary letter at the end of the consultations
· Review Consultations -
The 2, 6 and 12-month reviews allows the doctor to assess how the patient is progressing with their treatment. The results of blood tests and other investigations will be discussed with the patient and any necessary adjustments can be made to the medication and treatment plan.
· Clinical operations
- Work closely with our Founder and Patient Liaison Manager to ensure the smooth daily operations of OMC including any relevant clinical and administrative duties e.g., doctor tasks and repeat prescriptions.Patient Management System -
Timely and accurate updates to patient records on OMC's Patient Management System (HeyDoc), ensuring it is well maintained, efficient and effective
Qualifications and skills required:
- General admin - where necessary, help and assist with all general administration to ensure the smooth running of the clinic
To apply you must be a prescribing GMC registered medical professional with good knowledge and experience in women's health conditions including hormonal health and menopause. Experience of working in a private medical practice and prescribing HRT is preferred.
If you are warm and friendly doctor with excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with patients quickly, we'd like to hear from you.How to apply
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your CV and a short covering letter explaining why this is the role for you to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25th June.