We have a great opportunity to join a well known, global business based in the centre of Edinburgh as they look to appoint an Assistant Accountant into their team. This is a newly created position due to increased workload as the business enters into a new market. It's a great opportunity to join a business who really look after their employees and a business who can offer excellent opportunities for career progression in the future.
This role forms part of their operational accounting team and who suit a candidate with a strong technical background who is either looking for a move from an accounting practice or will be currently working as part of a financial accounting team and looking for their next challenge. We're keen to speak to part qualified accountants (CIMA/ACCA/CA/ACA) full of drive and ambition who enjoy working in a varied role.
Duties will include;
- Assist with the overall preparation and reconciliation of the monthly accounts of the asset operations (and be responsible for specific accounts), including the monthly close, posting journals and maintaining the Joint Venture gross and net financial records and reconciliations of such accounts including working capital
- Responsible for any relevant monthly inter-venture accounting
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and reconciliation of Joint Interest Billing statements
- Responsible for producing and maintaining an up to date coding schedule for the assets and act as the key point for coding queries and systems testing, as well as documenting and recording any Unit 4 issues
- Assist with the preparation of invoicing/cash calls
- Assist with the review and be responsible for the analysis of timewriting and resolution of timewriting issues to relevant assets
- Provide support to, and review of, overseas Joint Venture related activities including indirect taxation matters- where this has been agreed for specific assets
- Assist in the preparation of interim and year-end audit schedules
- Provide back-up to JV Accountants/ Accounts Assistant and any other JV Assistant Accountants
Experience / person required:
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA / CA part qualified and actively studying with the view to holding a full qualification within 1-2 years
- Balance sheet accounting experience ideally from an international business with foreign currency exposure
- Excellent communication skills
- Self motivated, driven and thrives in an ever changing business
For more information please contact Kayley Haythornthwaite
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions