Our busy Trade Mark Department is looking to appoint an experienced Formalities Assistant to assist in the management of our growing trade marks portfolio. Sitting within the wider Intellectual Property Team, you'll play a key role in ensuring an accurate and timely service is offered to a diverse portfolio of clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and file trade mark and design application forms and instructions, including drafting specifications of goods and services for trade mark applications for review by fee earners;
- Pro-actively report and update deadlines with clear and precise details that materialise from applications in a records management system and keep fee earners updated of deadlines;
- Respond to objections, including reviewing clients' instructions and drafting appropriate responses;
- Correspond with trade mark registries and foreign trade mark attorneys regarding basic objections;
- Point of contact for clients on formalities related issues and prepare reports for clients;
- Support fee earners in obtaining and collating evidence of use and registrations for oppositions, cancellation proceedings and renewals where required and assist with carrying our trade mark searches;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within a trade marks practice of a law firm or with a firm of patent or trade mark attorneys .
- Ability to take ownership of formalities management tasks and to carry out all aspects of trade mark and design formalities work accurately.
- General knowledge of UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, as well as being able to work as part of a close team.
- Successful completion of CITMA Trade Mark Administrators course preferred, but not essential.
- Fluency in a second language preferred, but not essential.
In return you'll receive a competitive salary plus benefits and we're supportive of hybrid working.