Verto Education is on a mission to support students to connect to the world, sharpen their minds, and discover themselves by making education abroad a foundational and accessible part of a four-year college education. Verto Education creates unique and affordable international education programs that foster personal growth, academic excellence, and cross-cultural learning. Through Verto, students can study abroad for the first semester or year of their undergraduate career, while still earning college credits to keep them on track to graduate in four years. Verto offers serious academics, delivered experientially. Courses include hands-on projects, field trips, and community-based learning. We prioritize small classes, individual attention, and strong relationships between faculty and students. Verto courses and credits are endorsed by over 60 partner universities.Position Summary
The Program Director is responsible for the day-to day management of the Verto Education program in London. This position provides leadership and direct oversight to all student support functions, including but not limited to Student Affairs, housing, and health & safety. The Director also oversees the day-to-day management of the Academic Success team in collaboration with the Academics and Student Success departments. In addition, the Director collaborates with the Program Development team on the design of Verto's semesters, and manages partner relationships.
The Director reports to the Vice President of Programming & Operations and collaborates regularly and consistently with various departments at Verto to prepare for and execute the London program.Position
- Execute all programs smoothly, including student life, housing, and health & safety in coordination with Verto's London partner.
- Ensure Verto's policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to by staff.
- Oversee the consistent enforcement of Verto's Student Code of Conduct and program policies.
- Develop and implement initiatives for continuous improvement that optimize program performance and student satisfaction.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with direct supervisor and report any issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other Country/City Directors on the identification and recommendation of best practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage to emergency phone rotation during the semester to ensure coverage by staff.
- Provide leadership to staff and foster an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork.
- Manage staff and ensure proper division of work, scheduling, and vacation time
- Provide oversight of the Student Life Coordinators and Academic Success Coordinators, holding regular team meetings, troubleshooting student issues, and interfacing with Verto's London partner as needed.
- Coordinate between Verto and the London partner faculty, address any issues students or faculty might raise, and escalate accordingly.
- Build accountability into the work culture, taking care to clarify roles and responsibilities as needed.
Student Services and Support
- Mediate and find creative solutions to all escalated student/family concerns, working collaboratively with Verto's Director of Student Affairs.
- Resolve student cases and concerns in a timely manager, while abiding by all Verto protocols.
- Oversee the implementation of final disciplinary decisions in coordination with Director of Student Affairs and direct supervisor.
- Monitor student evaluations to ensure high quality in program delivery and implement improvements as needed to maintain desired scores.
- Support staff in escalated health & safety emergencies, and escalate to the VP of Programming and Operations as needed.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Verto's mission in all decision making.
Marketing and Recruitment
- Together with the Programming team, train the Marketing and Enrollment teams on the London program.
- Collaborate as needed with the Enrollment and Student Success teams on the recruitment and retention of incoming students.
- Participate in any hype sessions, open houses, town halls, or pre-departure orientation sessions to represent London and establish rapport with students and families.
- Ability to attend Verto training in Costa Rica in August 2021 (17th-25th) *COVID-19 Vaccinations Required to attend
- 5+ years of progressively responsible international higher education experience either at a university or a study abroad organization.
- Strong analytical, financial, and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral forms
- Collaborative and diplomatic problem solver, with the ability to reconcile differences
- Must be able to work independently, have strong organizational skills and follow-through, and with consistent attention to details.
- A resourceful, action-oriented individual who possesses a strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable and effective working in both business and academic environments
- Thrive in a rapidly growing and changing entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to execute multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet deadlines
What We Are Looking For:
- First and foremost, you're a team player. We're a fast-moving, mission-driven startup. We care deeply about what we do, and you will too.
- Our "3 words" resonate with you: Curious, Relentless and Service-Oriented
- You're proactive in identifying new opportunities, solving problems, and prioritizing efforts with confidence.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to diverse constituencies.
- You're organized, have some level of detail-orientation, and are a fearless experimenter.
- You are mission-driven and ready to make a significant impact to grow and scale an organization committed to changing higher education.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR