Communicator is a social first creative agency that focuses on the person behind the platform. We pride ourselves on social thinking with a twist, with a client portfolio spanning the likes of Jack Daniel's, Lavazza, BrewDog and Chambord. Working with clients we provide strategy, creative, content production, influencer marketing, paid social media management and more.
Part of the Captivate Group and based in the Tea Building in Shoreditch, London, we're a perfectly blended team with big ideas and big ambition.
We are looking for an energetic, dynamic and inspiring Account Director. This role will cover one of the agencies largest accounts, as well as two other smaller, but growing FMCG accounts delivering campaigns across social, content and influencer.
We are looking for someone who used to working in a fast-paced environment on Global clients and who is confident across all social and digital aspects, especially social insights, strategic planning and creative execution.
You will be joining Communicator at a time of exciting growth and transformation and will be working with a hungry and intelligent team, so you will need to have the passion for producing brilliant work and making things happen.
- Growing long-term, trusted relationships with senior level clients and playing a lead role in growing your accounts and securing incremental revenue
- Developing strategy for client campaigns, including responses to briefs and on-going campaign management, overseeing implementation, evaluation, budgets and timelines
- Responsibility for driving the quality of the agency's work, on-going client and internal communication, organic business growth, financial management and reporting
- Developing impactful, strategic client presentations. You should be comfortable presenting to large cross functional groups.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge and understanding of social platforms and influencers in order to oversee and direct successful campaigns
- New business, upselling to existing clients, contributing to agency growth
- Providing knowledge of new digital/social trends, emerging platforms and tools
- Team management, training and mentoring. Operating as the go-to resource for the team's concerns, point of view and recommendations, checks in regularly with all team members on a 1:1 basis. This role will manage a 1 x Social Media Managers and 1 Account Executive.
- Proactively searches out best practices to strengthen team delivery
- Demonstrate analytical skills in relation to budgeting and forecasting
- Managing budgets and monthly invoicing
- Accurately forecast team hours and billings to track and build capacity and staff needs
- In addition, from time to time you will be working on new business opportunities, from receiving the brief to plan preparation to presentation
This account requires constant innovation and thought leadership. You will have a unique understanding of the social and digital arena and how new and emerging developments can be exploited to add value to a client's business. Working directly into the Managing Director, there is headroom to grow personally and professionally, and the ability to manage upwards and build trust is essential
In return you will receive:
- Strong stakeholder management. Whether internally or externally, you need to know how to engage and manage people
- Adaptable and flexible. Willing to transfer skills and apply thinking to new situations and briefs
- Curious to learn and interested in news that affects your client's business, competitor brands, and innovative technology.
- Commercially astute and opportunistic, to make sure we're driving the value of everything we have to offer and identifying ways to extend our remit and influence.
- Previous experience of influencer engagement
- Experience with social listening tools and reporting
- Strong understanding of paid media
- Opportunities for training and development