ValStream helps company's save an amazing amount of money and helps them turn their procurement models upside down with its commercial use of underutilised data.
With founders with proven track records in data value creation, aviation and SaaS, the company has invested heavily over the last 3 years in building a global-first digitisation & structuring SaaS platform with unique analysis tools for both single and aggregate data sets.
The company truly has no peers in its execution and creates genuine and demonstrable value for its clients.
Now in its go-to-market and entering its ramp up phase, the company is hiring several new members to meet the exponential demand from the global markets for its new products and services.
Our mission is to be the most accurate and insightful data management company in the world so if you are passionate about helping company's build back better, love data & its uses and enjoy being part of a welcoming group then ValStream may be a perfect platform to enable you to express and enhance your talents.
The Technical Services team is responsible for the design and delivery of the company's SAAS products and associated supporting architecture. The team manages the process from concept to delivery including internal and external resource management and budgeting accordingly.
Reporting to the Head Of Technical Services, the Technical Services Manager role will support this process with a particular focus on ownership of the delivery of the Quarterly Technical Roadmap including managing the internal and external development resources on a daily basis. The key duties include:
- Technical Roadmap planning
- Working with HoTS to create quarterly technical roadmap.
- Manage the roadmap documentation and any resource planning
- Create specs for delivery of roadmap items
- Technical Roadmap delivery
- Manage daily delivery of outputs with each software developer according to the agreed spec and timeline
- Reviewing and suggesting changes to resource and timelines according to progress updates
- Continuously updating Jira with status by elements
- Creating weekly progress updates for weekly stakeholders
- Providing administrative support to HoTS
- Technical Documentation
- Ensure that all technical documentation is kept up to date including specs, architectural diagrams & logic charts etc.
- System performance review
- Design and implement KPI's for system performance and usage
- System training
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to provide training on system usage and new feature updates
- Administration of in-house or external software development team to agreed sprint outputs
- Considerable experience of using Jira
- Experience in Airtable would be preferable
- Awareness of code bases including java, .net, Python
- Awareness of databases including Maria, Cockroach DB
- Awareness of front-end development languages including React & Angular
- Awareness of Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Experience in Regex would be extremely beneficial but not required
- Aviation/aerospace MRO industry would be beneficial but not required
- Strong communicator
- Excellent problem solving & prioritisation skills
- Flexible / fast learner
- Attention to detail
- Team player with demonstrable ownership of issues
- Excel to Intermediate level