ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Finance Manager to come on board our Walsall based finance team.
As Senior Commercial Finance Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Service Operations function and the Head of Finance to optimise operational productivity and efficiency. This is achieved through developing and maintaining robust financial reports and interpreting financial and operational data to support and challenge the operation. In addition, this role is responsible for production of high quality analysis to drive both improved customer outcomes and commercial results.
The nature of the activity of this role is such that the role holder is required to be able to both work with data to produce valued add reporting and also be able to explain financial and commercial reporting and analysis to senior operational leaders..Principal Accountabilities:
Provide the link, support and challenge from financial reporting to the Service Operations team through quality outputs delivered at the right times.
Develop repeatable and consistent budgeting and forecasting processes to enable decision making.
Support the Service Operations team on key projects and business decisions, ensuring the financial impacts are fully defined and understood while working cross functionally to include all impacted areas of the business.
Commercially evaluate investment activity through the preparation of business cases. Use these evaluations to assist the operations in driving improved profitability.
Understand and measure the key drivers of performance and how to influence these to drive optimal performance. Use these measures to provide effective commercial guidance and analysis support.
Partner internally with our financial reporting team to ensure that the financial results are accurate.
Working flexibly and in conjunction with our FP&A team and CFO to produce accurate and timely financial reporting suitable for requirements
Work in a continuous improvement manner to understand current processes, streamline, simplify and improve to add value.
Be able to identify new initiatives, initiate them and influence stakeholder buy in to drive these changes within the operations and be able to show the impact on key operational, commercial and financial metrics.
Planning and communicating with all stakeholders - to create a "no surprise" culture
Challenge peers, develop finance to create a "best in class" finance function.ABOUT YOU
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:Essential:
- Business Acumen / Commercial insight
- Strong communicator with exceptional presentational skills - identify key messages and be succinct and be able to communicate simply and effectively with non-finance stakeholders
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified
- Ability to build strong relationships that are effective
- Experience of owning and driving value (revenue growth / cost reduction)
- Highly numerate with a passion for using financial tools and processes to assist in driving performance
- Flexible enough to move from daily operational KPIs and monthly analysis to strategic insights and understand wider implications
- Experience of improving financial processes / governance and performance of finance team
- Eye for detail but also able to see the bigger picture
- Resilient and persistent
- Financial support of operations and / or financial services experience
- Oracle and Hyperion