EL/PL Litigation ExecutiveDescription
My client, a long established and expanding firm are seeking applications from experienced EL/PL Litigation Fee Earners / Executives for a role in Manchester city centre.
Consideration will be given to candidates with various levels of litigation experience.Responsibilities
Managing a caseload of litigated, non-portal cases, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Managing a caseload of 100-125 matters at any one time
- Working to court deadlines
- Liaising and reporting to insurers
- Ensuring limitation dates are met
- Writing letters, negotiating settlements and letters of instruction.
- Obtaining witness statements
- Reviewing medical records
- Issuing court proceedings
- Diary management and regularly updating clients to ensure workflow is managed
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes and undertaking all research as necessary
- Managing the case through to satisfactory conclusion
The successful applicant will have proven litigation experience gained whilst manging Employer Liability and Public Liability claims. The appointed person will be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of CPR, JC Guidelines, computer literacy and experience of using a case management system.
In addition they will have strong communication skills, be highly organised, able to work to deadlines and be able to demonstrate and empathetic and compassionate approach to their clients.Job Benefits
In return, the client offers a competitive basic salary (depending on skills and experience), a comprehensive benefits package and on going training and development.
Applications are being considered now so apply today if you have the necessary skills and experience.