J. Barbour & Sons Ltd founded in 1894 is a British lifestyle brand, home to the iconic Wax jacket. We design, manufacture and market stylish functional clothing and footwear for men, women and children inspired by the unique values of the British countryside. We are the proud holder of three Royal warrants and remain true to our core values as a fifth-generation family business. Barbour is sold in over 40 countries worldwide, including Europe, the US and Japan but we have our headquarters and roots firmly located in the North East of England.Position Overview:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandising Manager to join the Barbour Sales team based at Holford Yard, London. This role will manage the Barbour & Barbour International brands within a Key Partners and support the Sales and the Wholesale partners buying teams to ensure maximum profitability for both businesses. A key focus of the role will be to drive sales of the Barbour brands across the agreed Wholesale partner managing orders, stock intake and segmentation, linking retail activity to marketing throughout the season and ensuring the brand standards are represented across all channels.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Analysis \ Reporting:
- Overarching view of the Barbour business in selected wholesale partners across all Brands / gender & category.
- Planning product ranges at store level and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with sales team and buyers.
- Optimising the sales volume and profitability of Barbour brands and in-store and online.
- Management of the seasonal and continuity orderbook.
- Assessment of ways of working to improve e.g., Product set up.
- Control of stock levels to match budgets, sales forecasts, and figures.
- Management of production and supply difficulties and dealing with any problems or delays as they arise.
- Working closely with visual-display staff and department managers to ensure densities are maximised in each store.
- Liaise closely with all marketing, logistics and digital teams.
- Key reporting link into Ecommerce team.
- Ensure full use of digital assets, maintaining accurate representation of the brands online.
Skills and Experience:
- Monitoring and reporting sales across the group on a weekly basis.
- Analysis of individual product performance to ensure that they reach full potential & ensuring forward orders are optimised.
- Monitoring slow sellers, suggesting action to drive traction, as necessary.
- Analysis of performance related to marketing and digital activity.
- Maintaining comprehensive historic sales data.
- Making financial review presentations to senior managers.
- Maintaining awareness of competitor performance.
- Previous merchandising experience ideally with a lifestyle apparel brand.
- A high level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Strong, confident communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Office: including Outlook and PowerPoint.
- A level or equivalent grade exam passes.
- A proactive attitude.
- Discretionary Company bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Healthcare cash plan
- 25 days holiday as standard increasing with length of service plus bank holidays
In the event that a sufficient volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.