American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 95 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it's all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
American Golf currently has 4 Golf sites (Wythall, Hemingford, Rossendale and recently purchased complex, High Legh) and is due to acquire more throughout 2021 and onwards. The sites range in size and facilities and require a forward-thinking, progressive and exceptional Marketing Manager to help lay the foundations for the next chapter of American Golfs future as a leisure destination. This could be a great move for an ambitious individual looking to further their golf management career.
* Produce marketing calendars that are locally relevant, driving footfall and community satisfaction through strong customer focus.
* Coordinate all golf-related activity/events for members and visitors.
* Take the marketing lead when opening new golf sites, working alongside the Range Team to ensure a strong opening and ongoing success
* Continuously seek ways to improve the experience for the local community ensuring they are aware and use the leisure site through creative ongoing marketing communication
* Develop strong connections with relevant community touchpoints, to drive marketing activities throughout the year
* Manage internal communication whilst liaising well with different departments
* Communicate marketing activities/events to internal departments and act as marketing point of liaison for business-wide projects.
* Carry out competitor research and insight, presenting this back through clear communications.
* To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required by the Head of Marketing (your line Manager).
* You will ideally have:*
* Previous success in driving change within the marketing field is essential
* Previous experience working in a golf club, golf industry or marketing industry is required
* Have a passion for the game of golf and a keen eye for the industry
* Passionate and outgoing with a can-do attitude.
* Able to juggle a wide range of projects and use to prioritising a large workload.
* Experience in managing external suppliers and various stakeholders is essential
* Have a 'hands-on work ethic
* Be flexible and willing to work outside normal working hours when necessary
* Possess a full clean driving license as travel to AG leisure sites will be required
*What will you receive:*
* 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
* A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
* 25% staff discount
* Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!