Commercial Manager - Cloud, Host and Procurement
Reporting to Commercial DirectorPurpose of Role (within Remit)
Responsibilities (within Remit)
- Manage the commercial relationship with M247's suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers to optimise supplier costs and maximise savings.
- Development and drive commercial's supplier strategy to maximise supplier potential and augment M247's product or infrastructure strategy.
- Drive onboarding of new supplier to enhance M247's buying capability.
- Develop and improve the Commercial team's processes and impact within M247.
- Partner with Business function to support in procurement of internally consumed services.
- Identify and deliver cost saving opportunity.
- Develop supplier relationships through regular reviews and dialog with supplier at multiple seniority levels.
- As and when required assist or project manage strategic programmes and operational changes to drive down cost, as well as product launches by engaging with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Track and manage supplier performance and targets, producing MI to provide visibility to wider organisation.
- Support wider business on supplier escalations.
- Manage supplier dispute to an acceptable outcome.
- Own the creation and development of an ongoing departmental improvement plan.
- Understand Infrastructure's capacity management roadmap, and development commercial strategy to support.
- Provide analysis/information and leadership to initiate a change to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the business.
- Understand the commercial / contractual supplier requirement- Provide commercial risk and management of that risk, through understanding liabilities.
- Meet and exceed M247's annual cost saving target.
- Attain any supplier obligation or targets necessary to maximise savings.
- Deliver departmental improvement objectives as laid out in the annual/quarterly plan.
- Publish Commercial Dashboard of supplier performance to relevant stakeholder.
- Product: Cloud, Host
- Procurement: Infrastructure and facilities
- Suppliers (not limited to): Azure, AWS, Vmware, Coesity, Zerto, TechData, Transits suppliers, DR, Equinix, Dell, SuperMicro, Office landlords, Office facilities suppliers, Zayo, EUNetworks, SF, FF, SN, etc
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93181274