Data Protection Manager
Monday to Friday, 0900 to 1730
Location flexible Williams Lea is looking for a Data Protection Manager to join our team! We are the leading global provider of skilled business-critical support services to financial, legal and professional services firms. The Job:
- Data Protection Manager role include advising on our compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws, monitoring our adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects. You will also create policies that enforce compliance with legislation and GDPR trainings to our staff to increase awareness of data protection measures.
- To develop Data and Information Management policies, procedures, controls and guidance which ensures Williams Lea's compliance with relevant Data Protection regulation and adopted accreditation standards.
- To ensure that appropriate protocols are in place and that all areas across Williams Lea are adhering to them at all times by acting as the custodian of Data and Information Management across all areas
Full job description upon application The Experience:
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws and be familiar with our industry and the nature of its data processing activities. You should also know how to perform audits to our current procedures.
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. Certified Data Protection Foundation or Practitioner training).
- A detailed understanding of UK data protection legislation, including UK GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and Privacy & Electronic Communication Regulations.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of a data protection role, preferably within a commercial organisation.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of training.
- The ability to exercise initiative, work independently and influence cultural change within an organisation
You will have the opportunity to work for a global employer who is dedicated to offering each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career with future career development prospects. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits which includes Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Company Pension, Corporate Eye Care, Personal Accident and Company Sick Pay. Additional benefits such as Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Gym Membership, Charity Donations, Employee Offers and Retail Vouchers with some benefits offered at a discount on a salary sacrifice basis.
Williams Lea positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: Due to the high volume of responses received for this role we will not be able to contact all applicants directly. If you have not heard from us in four weeks please consider your application unsuccessful