The Higher Profile Clients ("HPC") team has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work within the dynamic and diverse team. The team sits within Assurance Risk & Quality (ARQ). We are a geographically dispersed team working across 3 hubs (London, Birmingham and Edinburgh) so we are used to working remotely and using technology to work as part of a virtual team.
The HPC programme carries out real time reviews to support our audit teams in delivering consistently high quality audits. The team interacts with the audit teams throughout the audit cycle, providing challenge, support and coaching. Under the Programme to Enhance Audit Quality ("PEAQ") our programme of HPC reviews will increase in both scope and number to focus on a higher number of FTSE and higher risk engagements.
This is a high profile role managing the HPC Programme transformation, including the increasing need for automation, data capturing, analysis and reporting, and providing oversight to project administrators. You'll develop strong relationships with engagement teams from the audit practice and enhance our ability to provide high quality audits.
We are looking for someone who thrives on transformation and change, dealing with people and who is organised and capable of maintaining focus on multiple projects at the same time.
Knowledge and experience of the Audit Line of Service is preferable but not required. Key activities in this role will include:
- Supporting the day-to-day operational activities of the HPC team.
- Supporting the HPC team in executing substantial changes to the programme being; the documentation of findings and tracking of engagement team delivery against a number of predefined gates/milestones.
- Managing the HPC Programme transformation, including the increasing need for automation, data capturing and analysis and reporting, and providing oversight to, currently, a team of project administrators.
- Operational oversight of the HPC Project Management function.
- Engagement with Chief Auditor Network ("CAN"), specifically Directors and BUCAs, who will be performing a number of HPC reviews.
- Development of project management administrators through coaching and development.
- Development of HPC operational and executive reporting e.g. developing dashboards and Audit Executive updates
- Supporting the HPC Directors engagement selection and reviewer allocation.
- Responding to ARQ ad-hoc central requests, including regulatory data gathering etc.
- Liaison with the Business Unit Support Leader to operationalise R&Q processes and initiatives relevant to the HPC team.
The role would suit an individual with:
- A formal project management qualification such as PRINCE2, or equivalent;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills;
- A desire to transform and change processes through the use of technology, presenting stakeholders with proposed solutions;
- An ability to think conceptually and find solutions to complex issues;
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders;
- Strong influencing and team working skills with both peers and senior individuals;
- Assertive, flexible, proactive, and self motivated with a desire for learning;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask, be flexible and recognise changing priorities;
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple inputs and activities;
- An excellent working knowledge of microsoft and google software tools, and the firm's IT systems;
- A willingness to get involved and step outside their comfort zone;
- Meticulous and accurate approach with high attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Pro-active in seeking out opportunities to broaden knowledge and bridge any gaps;
- Ability to respect confidentiality, demonstrating integrity; and
- Confident with the ability to mix with a wide variety of people.
Full time, minimum 12 month secondment with opportunity to extend.