Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working. Family is also important to us, with many of our sites having multiple generations of the same family working in the team! Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it's baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe.The role:
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis for a BAM to join our commercial team and help us drive this account into the next phase of growth. You will have an opportunity to play a key role in developing and driving the wider growth strategy, working with senior stakeholders to execute this and ensure Hovis has a competitive advantage within key growth channels.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities:
- Total management of the Asda and Waitrose accounts for Hovis with full strategic control and P&L management
- This is a key branded and OL customer in Hovis and we are enjoying good performance, but with huge scope to grow this business and our relationship to a key strategic partner for both accounts
- This is an extremely important role in delivering success for the customer and for Hovis and will be a great opportunity for the right person to develop their career in FMCG.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Grocery management in classic FMCG
- Commercial acumen & analytical - Excel / PowerPoint
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Proven successes - result orientated
- Negotiation experience
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Eager to develop your career
- Understanding own personal style and ability to flex
- Demonstration of value-adding activity
- Demonstration of taking ownership of the agenda and making it happen
Why work for us and our benefits:
- Gravitas and personal credibility with senior stakeholders
- Branded and OL experience
- Strategic approach Leadership skills
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries.
- There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone.
- It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.