Senior Pension Funds Accountant
Berkshire / remote working
15-month Fixed Term Contract to commence 1st October 2021
An award-winning, firmly established Financial Services Group, whose expertise lies in the Pensions Consultancy field, are seeking a client-focused Senior Pension Funds Accountant to take responsibility for several of their largest clients.
The department is responsible for managing a diverse range of clients' pension scheme accounts and ensuring all Statutory Accounts and Trustee Reports are completed within regulatory timeframes and requirements.
Specifics of the role would include:
- Managing a portfolio consisting of four of their largest schemes and ensuring all scheme accounts and financial reporting activities are completed.
- Building strong relationships with clients, investment managers and auditors, as well as internal colleagues such as actuaries, pensions consultants and the payroll department.
- Preparing all Trustee Reports and Accounts.
- Reconciling financial statements and investment transactions, as well as preparing self-assessment tax returns.
- Checking work of other team members.
- Reviewing existing procedures and documents; making improvements when necessary.
- Work effectively in team-oriented environment which places the client at the heart of everything they do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with ambitious growth plans who will offer you first class training & development, career opportunities and a positive working environment. The company actively promote a social, friendly and flexible working environment and are always exploring new initiatives to further improve the office and culture.
The position offers an opportunity to develop your career in a technical and expanding area where your skills will always be in demand. It would also suit candidates who enjoy the prospect of working in a large working environment where you will liaise and be involved with multiple departments.
To apply for the position, you should have:
- Pension Scheme Accounting experience.
- Strong practical Excel knowledge.
- A professional accountancy qualification (desirable).
- Outstanding communication, client engagement and interpersonal skills.
For more information please contact Hannah Ross.