Fundraising Compliance ManagerOverview:
Are you a compliance professional looking to make a difference in a dynamic, fast paced team? Our team fundraises for both the University and our partner NHS Hospitals - a unique partnership and the first of its kind in the UK and European philanthropy.
If you are a compliance professional with practical experience in fundraising and data protection compliance, this is a unique and exciting opportunity to use your expertise to lead and maintain a culture of compliance across Fundraising and our Charity Partners. Our activities span fundraising from major gifts to individuals, corporate and community and challenge events as well as engaging the University's alumni community.
As our Fundraising Compliance Manager, you will be the focal point for compliance, providing guidance and advice to colleagues ensuring that we have sufficient controls and processes in place across all areas of fundraising.
You will also produce and deliver training and supporting documents to upskill staff and to ensure consistency across the team, as well as identifying areas for improvement and development. You will be confident at presenting interactive training sessions to ensure staff fully comprehend how the regulations impact their work.
You will have an in-depth understanding and good practical knowledge of data protection and regulatory and legal frameworks in a fundraising context. You will keep your knowledge up-to-date and will be confident in communicating with staff at all levels and with varying levels of understanding; in an engaging manner.
Excellent organisation, attention to detail and project management skills will be required to ensure that projects and the day-to-day delivery and reporting of compliance is on track.Key Responsibilities:
- To be the Fundraising and Supporter Development's main port of call for all fundraising and data compliance. Provide advice and guidance to Fundraising and Supporter Development staff and other stakeholders on compliance and data protection queries, giving detailed explanations for the reason behind any decisions made.
- To develop and maintain a culture of compliance across Fundraising and Supporter Development and our Charity partners through providing training, producing guidelines and departmental policies.
- To lead the monitoring of our fundraising compliance activities, demonstrating compliance to our partners and regulators including the Fundraising Regulator, Charities Commission, ICO, HMRC, PCI- DSS and BACs.
- Manage Compliance Action Plans ensuring deadlines are met and progress is documented. Conduct periodic reviews or audits (to include external suppliers) to ensure that compliance procedures are followed and fit for purpose.
- To check all contracts and data agreements and vehicles for data capture on behalf of the department and our Charity partners to ensure they are in line with all compliance regulations. Suggest and negotiate amendments, and if the necessary compliance clauses cannot be met then decline authorisation to work with that third party.
- Report back to our Charity partners on compliance updates, actions, newly identified compliance risks and data breaches.
- Highlighting when a change in procedure or legislation has implications on the college and our Charity Partners, communicating any changes to the relevant people affected.
- Work with the wider college board on PCI Compliance, ensuring fundraising are represented and our needs are heard. Implementing any changes that emerge from the outcomes of this project.
- Chair the Strategic Data Group and ensure actions are followed through
- Project manage the pulling together of all policies and procedures across the entire team to ensure we are compliant with the GDPR, PECR, Code of Fundraising Practice, Fundraising Preference Service, The Charity Commission (CC20), PCI-DSS, BACs and any other related compliance regulations. Ensure all relevant policies are communicated with the wider team.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, Fundraising Regulations, PCI-DSS and BACs
- Experience of working in a compliance or similar function
- Experience in reviewing contracts and non-disclosure agreements
- Experience of writing policies and procedures
- Ability to understand and interpret complex legislation, regulations and guidance
- Ability to constructively challenge the status quo to seek alternative solutions to overcome barriers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build rapport and establish credibility quickly, tailoring style to a broad range of individuals at all levels
- Experience of compiling and drafting reports for senior stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to react to changing priorities and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail