Morgan Philips have been retained exclusively to recruit a Divisional Finance Manager for a innovative consultancy with a site in Cambridge. The organisation is part of a larger group that has been delivering impressive results for it's customer base throughout the UK & Europe.
The role will fully account for the performance of the site and will report into the Group Finance Director. A key part of this role is preparing the monthly management accounts and associated analysis for both local and group management, manage the company's monthly invoicing and short-term revenue forecasting, ensuring, in conjunction with the sales team, where possible, budgets are met.
The role will require you to build relationships out with finance in order to gain a full understanding of the business.Duties and Responsibilities:
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Preparing monthly management accounts and delivery of a timely and efficient month end close, including the completion of all balance sheet reconciliations, detailed analysis of monthly revenue, licensing costs, sales team commissions and a review of other P&L items.
- Preparing and submitting monthly financial reports to the finance director and head office in France for group reporting.
- Weekly/monthly revenue monitoring and forecasting.
- Assisting the Finance Director in preparing the company's annual budget and rolling forecasts.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and other external statutory reporting as required.
- Providing financial management information to support the needs of the other departments and the wider business.
- Identifying improvements to financial accounting processes, procedures and systems to drive efficiency
- Support and facilitating the external audit process.
- Line management of the accounts and credit controller.
- Coordinate monthly payroll with outsourced payroll provider and administration of the company pension scheme.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or relevant discipline
- CA or ACCA qualified
- 3-5 year experience
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- Experience in an international group environment
- Strong financial accounting, data and analytical skills
- Good experience of FRS & IFRS
- Competent in SAGE, transition to Netsuite in the coming months so any experience of this would be beneficial.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills across all areas of the business, both in internally and externally
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and take ownership of the finance function as it looks to make improvements in a number of areas'.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Graeme Bruce.