- To assist the Service Manager with administering and commercially managing existing and new service contracts. Inclusive of assisting service engineer reporting, creating quotations and remedial proposals for clients and service contract renewals.
- Manage the existing and new accounts within the Service business to achieve a sustainable and profitable growth.
- To work closely with the Service Manager to plan and manage resources for the execution of installation and maintenance of company products and solutions.
- Assist the Service Manager and Managing Director to implement improved business practices.
- Ensure all operational activities both field and office based are carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and the companies Health and Safety policy.
- Assist the Management team with quality assurance measures and processes for site based operational activities.
- Assist the Service Manager & Operations Teams in arranging the engineering and management of Service small works projects.
- Support field engineers technically & operationally.
- Conduct small works site surveys, as and where required.
- Conduct investigative and dilapidation site surveys on prospective new maintenance contracts - prior to quoting, post order acceptance and/or before inaugural service visit.
- Support sales resource operationally and technically.
- Generate opportunities to profitably grow the Service business in line with the company objectives
Skills, Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:-Skills
- Planning and implementation of new remedial installations and contract maintenance
- The management of all operational processes undertaken by the company as part of contract maintenance in your area
- Assist in the development and establishment of working practices and structured methodologies within the company including Health and Safety
- Management of operational resources inclusive of materials, tools and transport
- Provide cost plans and quotations for existing and new customers in accordance with company procedures.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Technical ability with electrical and mechanical services.
- BMS technical knowledge and skills for support of multi manufacture system.
- Effective management and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Clear and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Cost management
- Risk management
- Microsoft Project - Not essential
- Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 2 year's management experience within a structured project/service management process, or alternatively have experience in leading teams with mechanical /electrical/HVAC maintenance duties.
Design and engineering skills.
Understanding of HVAC controls technology.
Sound understanding of the HVAC systems
Understanding of IT infrastructures.
Working knowledge of:
Milestone and project planning
Critical path analysis
Project estimation methods
Controls and reporting
Risk and issue management
Health and Safety legislation and risk assessment
1-2 years experience in similar position with reference of competence.
'A' level qualified (or equivalent)
Degree or HNC /ONC /BTEC in electrical or mechanical engineering.
Building Services /Facility management qualification.
Full Microsoft office and project management packages.