This is a brilliant opportunity to join the Business Transformation Directorate within the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as Commissioner for Transformation Profession
, where you can play a crucial role in leading the navigation of constructive, disruptive change.
Alongside a significant amount of tangible deliverables outlined in DBS's Strategy 2025, the mission for Business Transformation is to support the organisation to become more agile, to allow it to easily adapt and respond to a rapidly changing environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to add value to an organisation by creating a culture that embraces change, encourages the taking of calculated risks and makes smarter choices for its future.
The DBS are looking for people from across the country, from all backgrounds, from all industries, with the experience and skills to join us in shaping and delivering on our vision for the future. Applicants should be equally passionate about safeguarding, which means protecting people's health, wellbeing and human rights, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect.
The Commissioner for Transformation Profession is responsible for overseeing all programme and project related resources and championing the profession throughout the DBS.The transformation programme is designed to deliver the DBS2025 journey, the ambitious new 5-year strategy. It is focussed on several change programmes across three core strategic themes of Quality, Profile and People.
The successful applicant's work will include:
- Working with the Chief Transformation Commissioner to ensure that the Business Transformation function provides a range of services to its internal 'clients' (executive sponsors of change activity), to deliver programmes and projects that achieve our business plan objectives.
- Working with the Commissioner for Transformation Delivery, to ensure the appropriate resources and methodologies are applied to deliver end-to-end change activities for the programme that they direct.
- Manage a group of Strategic Leads who will manage distinct part of the change Lifecyle, to ensure that the DBS effectively commissions change, delivers change and measures the success of change.
- Work with business partners from across the organisation to ensure that the Business Transformation function secures the rights roles, skills and competencies, which complement the same across other business units, so as the project profession operates harmoniously with other technical professions from across the organisation.
- Deliver against delegated SRO (senior responsible officer) duties as provided by the Executive Director for Business Transformation (who is the overall DBS SRO).
The successful applicant will promote the 'One DBS' approach, playing a key role in the overall leadership and management of the Organisation. You will be required to establish and maintain strong, positive and effective working relationships externally and internally.
In order to meet the requirements of the Commissioner for Transformation Profession position, the successful applicant must display the following essential criteria:
- Graduate or Post graduate degree in project management/transformation
- Membership of appropriate professional trade body and accreditation
- Strong track record of successful delivery of multifaceted programmes in complex organisations, delivering cultural, process and system wide improvement.
- Demonstrable evidence of advising on programme requirements to meet strategic priorities, identifying business outcomes and converting to activity, sequencing of demands and delivery activity to meet evolving priorities and risk and performance management of pipelines and demand
- The ability to create and present a compelling vision and set clear direction, motivating others to work towards a common goal
- Demonstrable evidence of building and leading professional development of teams and individuals within defined career pathways
- Evidence of effective programme budget management, value for money methodologies and effective analytical skills to balance completing demands
- Demonstrable experience in providing professional and technical advice and analysis, objectively and constructively to complement the same from other professions, to support informed and effective decision making.
Desirable criteria includes an understanding of the safeguarding environment, experience at a senior level in a regulatory agency and a Professional Head of Service level leadership background.
The successful applicant will be adept at influencing Executive and Board level stakeholders, using highly developed interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communication skills. You will be able to develop change strategies while managing competing priorities, including budgets and resources. You will be resilient in challenging circumstances, able to work under pressure while being calm and decisive.
For more information on this role and the DBS please visit our dedicated microsite: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dbscampaign/commissioner-transformation-profession
To discuss the role please contact Ed Stroud - DBS@allenlane.co.uk