The Learning without Limits Academy Trust is looking to recruit a new Chair of trustees.
The Learning without Limits Academy Trust was founded in 2016 to serve the communities of Leicester City and Leicestershire. We are a Trust of 5 schools, with just under 4000 students. We pride ourselves in walking towards challenges and as such, we are a Trust that works with a group of challenging schools in order to improve the life chances of the students we serve.
The Chair of the Board of Trustees is a leadership role that provides clear direction to the Board who work as a team to challenge, support and contribute to the strategic leadership of the Trust.
The chair provides strategic leadership that allows trustees to fulfil their functions by:
- ensuring that there are transparent and effective processes for recruiting, benchmarking and setting remunerating and inducting a new Chief Executive
- ensuring appropriate trustee involvement in the recruitment of executive leaders
- ensuring the Board has good knowledge of the school(s) and has mechanisms in place to obtain and listen to the views of parents, pupils and staff
- ensuring that their is effective communication between the Board and the Local Governing Bodies
- ensuring that the Board sets a clear vision and strategy for the Trust
- ensuring that the Board and schools have a shared vision and sense of purpose
- leading the Board in monitoring the chief executive’s implementation of the strategy
- setting the culture of the Board, balancing and valuing both the support and challenge responsibilities
- ensuring the Board acts as a team
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with a professional background that has an understanding of public policy. You will need to have good organisational skills and be confident to challenge and support the Chief Executive Officer in their role. An understanding of the current educational landscape will be essential along with an appetite to learn about the differing context of the individual schools within the Trust. Experience of working at an executive level and chairing meetings would be beneficial though not essential.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This role will give you the opportunity to make a significant positive difference to some of the communities in Leicester City that need it the most. You will be working alongside dedicated professionals who live the vision and values of our trust. You will be part of a single team all pulling in the same direction in order to make the biggest difference.
1. Board Meetings -12hrs PA 2. LGB Chair Forum -12hrs PA 3. Meeting the CEO -20hrs PA 4. Add meetings approx. 20hrs PA 5. Meeting prep -40hrs PA
How to apply
Applications are via the Reach Volunteering website.
Deadline: 02 Jul 2021