Senior Power BI Developer Bristol / Edinburgh Competitive Salaryâ€¯
+ Realistic Progression Opportunities + Technical Training & Development + Award Winning Employee Share Plan + Company Pension + Flexible Working Hours + 25 Days Holiday + Fantastic Working Culture
Computershare is looking for a curious and collaborative Senior Power BI Developer to join our growing Global Development team at our European Headquarters in Bristol or our global technology hub in Edinburgh.
You will work as part of our team to deliver high quality, accurate data and reporting solutions which satisfy customer expectations. Building trusted relationships with stakeholders to define reporting requirements and to design and implement management systems. What will you be doing? â€¯
As a Senior Power BI Developer you will use your expertise to create reports, perform data analysis, and maintain reporting schemas, data preparation, data gateway, ETL & data warehousing as well as conducting performance tuning.
You will be passionate about your team and developing others. We expect you to provide your technical knowledge to coach and mentor your peers which will in turn enable them to work towards their own professional goals. Other key areas of responsibility include:
What are we looking for?
- Apply your knowledge of standards, policies and organizational structure so that you can work collaboratively and independently with colleagues across Computershare and other key stakeholders
- Analyse what raw data is available and gather appropriate information.â€¯ Ensure robust and consistent criteria are applied when summarising data and for all reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Significant level of experience of front-end reporting and analytics solutions is a must, as well as knowledge of data management processes.
- Some level of experience and knowledge of Power BI development within the Embedded model.
- Some level of experience in using the full stack SQL Server, BI toolkit (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI) and SQL programming plus data visualisation and performance tuning is required.â€¯
Other skills and experience required includes;
- Being relationship driven will be important to you and you will be able to demonstrate your ability to negotiate, influence and challenge others.
Has a strong work ethic and can deal with sometimes conflicting priorities
Curious and continuous learner - investigates, interprets and grasps new concepts Keeping our employees safe
Specific Key Benefits of the Role
- We're currently performing all interviews, assessments and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved.â€¯â€¯
- Most of our employees are working remotely. For people who need to be in the office we're following government guidelines on safe working. This includes regular cleaning, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at any one time.
- Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
- The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our people safe during this difficult time.
Computershare offers all employees 25 days holiday, an excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan (buy one get one free on all shares purchased), subsidised gym membership and a flexible employee benefits scheme (including the option to buy additional annual leave). A Truly Diverse Place to Work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
At Computershare, we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements. All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
Computershare Investor Services plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Computershare Investor Services plc is registered in England and Wales No 3498808 and the registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93153127