Finance Assistant / Ledger Clerk
Reading, Berkshire (and remote)
Driven by innovation, Sapphire Balconies is the nation's leading balcony specialist. We're a well-established family firm who are passionate about challenging traditional methods and going above and beyond to deliver an unrivalled service.
We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant / Ledger Clerk to join our friendly team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £20,000 - £24,000 per annum DOE
- Bonus (after probation)
- Private medical insurance (after probation)
- 23 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Remote working options
This is a brilliant opportunity to play a key role in the day-to-day running of a successful business at the pinnacle of their sector.
We believe that to attract and retain the best, we need to provide a great work environment where employees can thrive. We promote a healthy work/life balance, offer flexible start and finish times and support each other to achieve our goals.
As a Finance Assistant / Ledger Clerk, you will take ownership of our sales and purchase ledgers, ensuring that invoices are received and raised in an accurate and timely manner.
Reporting to the Deputy Finance Controller, you will:
- Respond to enquiries from suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Enter supplier invoices onto Sage 200 and match them against POs or delivery notes
- Record vehicles on the Congestion Charging and Dartford Toll
- Maintain vendor details
- Enter applications and sales invoices onto Sage 200
To join us as a Finance Assistant / Ledger Clerk, you will need:
- At least one year's experience with purchase, sales and general ledgers
- At a minimum, one year's experience with Sage 200
- A basic understanding of costing principles
- To be IT literate, including proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- The ability to logically process enquiries against filters and collate relevant documents and information
- At a minimum, five GCSEs (or equivalent)
Completion of the AAT Level 1 Award in Accounting would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Clerk, General Ledger Clerk, or Accounts Assistant.
This is a full-time role, working 8.5 hours per day excluding lunch. Start times are between 7am - 7:30am and finish times are between 4pm - 4:30pm.
Webrecruit and Sapphire Balconies are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Finance Assistant / Ledger Clerk, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency