Reed Finance are delighted to be working with one of our top clients located in the Central Belt in search of a Newly Qualified Accountant to join their Stock Accounting team. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are wanting to take the next step in their career as this role offers a real chance to progress within the business.
My client needs a go-getter, someone enthusiastic and a candidate who can business partner at all levels. Is this you?
The successful candidate will be managing the Bulk Stock Accounting function and deputise for the Head of Stock Accounting when necessary. Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the analysis of stock controls and margin reviews. Performing the required reconciliations and general ledger submissions
- Manage a team of 4 stock accounting assistants
- Ensure that the correct stock accounting data is always captured and maintained on the system
- Manage the barrier lifting process- review and authorise daily stock gains & losses, investigate & highlight exceptional variances, monitor trends & reasons for variances
- Gains & losses - produce summary reports monthly to highlight gains & losses trends and exceptional variances. Input into weekly forecast process
- Responsible for all retail/FC related processes including interfaces with Orbis.
- Act as 2nd point of support to the Accounts Payable teams for supplier management issues
- Responsible for ensuring the audit readiness of bulk, retail, and fuel cards stock, and actioning any audit feedback to ensure a culture of continuous improvement
- Providing on Time in Full service and take ownership of stock accounting issues, identifying potential problems and suggesting / implementing solutions
- Responsible for triaging stock reporting and analysis requests, allocating within the stock team for action, and coordinating the request feedback.
- Accountable for the management and delivery of all bulk, retail, and fuels cards stock reporting on a weekly and monthly basis to stakeholders, including Regional Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners
- Qualified Accountant - around 2 years PQE
- Advanced Ms Excel - data manipulation
- Excellent communication skills
The above is a brief snapshot of what would be involved in this broad and exciting role. If you would like more information then please contact Roddy Mackenzie for further information - or apply via this web ad.