Would you like to take on a role that allows you to take ownership of your work, be creative in your approach and get rewarded for your contribution and commitment?
We are currently seeking an experienced and analytical Research Manager who will take leadership responsibilities for projects and ensure all stages from bid to delivery are managed effectively. Our clients are leading gas and electricity suppliers, network operators, water companies, transport providers, regulators and consumer groups. We are proud of our reputation as specialists in customer and stakeholder engagement across the utility sector.
This is a chance to join a forward-thinking, people-focused agency where your career can flourish and have some fun along the way.
You will have day-to-day responsibility for managing research projects and will need to demonstrate resilience and flexibility in your role. Additionally, this role has one direct report.
You will be accomplished at report-writing, able to deliver robust, scrutinised research that feeds into our clients' long-term strategic planning. This role needs someone who thrives on providing high-profile and thorough insights for the sector. Although some qualitative experience would be desirable, the research projects are mainly customer satisfaction, pricing studies, and business analysis.
Our Utilities team focuses on sustainability research: customer attitudes and take-up of low carbon technologies (LCTs) such as electric vehicles, heat pumps, and other new technology. We are looking to grow this area of expertise and build our client base as the UK Government drives net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial approach to helping develop and lead new research initiatives.
In the role, we expect you to focus on developing strong client relationships and bring a commercial approach to help identify new business opportunities with our existing contacts.
We have a lively programme of internal training and social events which will start again as soon as lockdown eases. You will have the opportunity to join internal teams and develop your transferable skills across different business areas.
Main Role & Responsibilities:
- Seeing projects through from proposal-writing, planning to implementation and reporting.
- Handling and running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creating and taking responsibility for all research materials - questionnaire design, data specification, presentations and workshops.
- Delivering projects on time and in line with the budget and client expectations.
- Maintaining excellent relations with clients and suppliers to maximise effective project execution.
- Developing and building relationships with specific accounts to expand the business.
- Supporting and leading on marketing initiatives/business planning.
Keywords: Research | Analysis | Product | Sustainability | Data | Project Management | B2B | Moderation | Consumer | Data Analysis | Presentations | Account Management | Client Relationship Management | Customer Service | Trend Analysis | Marketing | Utilities | Social ResearchEssential SkillsThis role is for you if you can demonstrate the following:
Desirable SkillsDesirable experience includes:
- Significant agency background, with at least 5 years' experience in utilities / social research.
- Excellent written skills with proven experience of delivering in-depth, high-quality reports - you will need an eye for detail.
- Proven experience in writing procurement-led bids and tendering for business.
- Strong account management skills - building and maintaining client relationships.
- Excellent range of quantitative skills and working knowledge of qualitative analysis.
- Previous work with energy and water suppliers, utility companies or Distributor Network.
- Operators for gas and electric and supplier research.
- Good understanding of the regulatory framework within the utility sector.
- Interest/experience in new low carbon technologies.
At Impact we make it our business to understand our clients' businesses and to approach each project with fresh thinking, clever ideas and pragmatism. We're able to do this by drawing on our deep sector knowledge and research experience. On top of this, we have a focus on sustainability which reflects the crucial importance of this topic to organisations of all types.