This employer is one of the UK's largest privately-owned industrial engineering companies and supports three subsidiary businesses; providing engineering services to industry covering Machinery Installation and Relocation, Mechanical Engineering, Technical and Heavy Lifting and Wind Turbine Generator Construction on a National & International scale.
This is a brilliant opportunity to use your organisational and logistical skills & expertise and take your next step with a forward-thinking organisation.
You will join their highly skilled and experienced team working from their dedicated branch in Bellshill which covers the whole of Scotland, you will be required to organise the daily logistics of the branch whilst keeping a firm check on profitable operations and safety.
The Glasgow branch is part of their UK national network with additional locations in Leyland, Wigan, Rotherham, Birmingham, London & Bristol as well as overseas locations in Germany, Poland & Czech Republic. Some localised or national travel could be required from time to time to support other regions and project types on occasion.
They are a well-equipped professional business that hold a large stock of specialised lifting and installation equipment designed to carry out specialised engineering tasks allowing you to carry out your duties safely.
The projects you will be dealing with will typically involve the movement or installation of plant, machinery or equipment with a large emphasis around lifting/handling but sometimes with a mechanical or electrical elements also required.
- Organise internal resources to complete jobs on multiple sites
- Purchase required goods and services such as hired equipment, materials, specialised sub contract services
- Register opportunities on the companies CRM system
- Administer job information through the company's project cost system
- Interpret resource requirements, durations, budgets etc through cost sheets, method statements etc
- Maintain training records for safety critical qualifications
- Record information on internal management systems
- Load & unload deliveries & collections linked to ongoing & forthcoming jobs
- Prepare job related equipment and paperwork
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be required to undertake other duties as directed by your manager.
Apply if you have relevant experience of any of the following:
- Transportation or Logistics Management
- Plant & Equipment Hire Management
- Construction or Engineering Operations Management
Other key skills needed:
- A good level of IT literacy, including familiarity with MS Office
- A full driving license
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- A drive to succeed & be the Best
- Commercial Awareness
- A 'Can Do' Attitude
- Annual company bonus scheme - 12% of your branches profit shared between staff/charity
- Monthly additional bonus scheme
- Death in Service benefit