Finance Analyst - RetailLocation: Stratford 1-2 days per week Salary: Up to £34,000 - £38,000 Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)Flexible WorkingOpen to possibility of job-shareClosing Date: 24th JuneWe will be shortlisting as we receive applications and there is a possibility that this role may close early. We therefore encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
We're looking for a Finance Analyst to join our team. In this exciting and fast-paced role, you will support the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Manager to deliver timely, high quality and insightful reporting and financial planning for CRUK Trading, covering over 600 shops across 28 areas. You'll also work with finance colleagues to provide analysis and decision support to initiatives and projects.
You'll have previous experience of financial planning, modelling and reporting as well as
excellent relationship management skills. You'll be confident with discussing complex financial data with a range of stakeholders, and you'll have the ability to thrive in a matrix reporting structure.Key Accountabilities: Financial Reporting
Analysis and Financial Decision Support
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for CRUK Trading, understanding variances and providing accurate and insightful assessments of financial performance
- Review existing management information and analysis to find efficiencies and improvements
- Work closely with the management accounts team to ensure accounts are complete and correct
- Supported by a Finance (or Senior) Manager, provide analysis and information to support decisions, projects and business cases from any area of CRUK as requested
- Analyse trends and performance, feeding findings into forecasts and long-term financial planning
- Produce analysis that turns data into insight, understand the 'so what' and question 'what's next?' Help decision makers to understand the impact of their initiatives and decisions on the Charity's financial plan
- Provide recommendations at Shop and Area level to enable the retail department to understand their progress and drive improvements through evidence-based decision making
- Present analysis and explain results and insights to a variety of stakeholders in a clear and accessible way
- Build and produce bespoke reports, dashboards and ad-hoc analyses as required from stakeholders to help drive retail performance.
Develop and provide income/expenditure modelling to support all financial planning (forecasting, budgeting and long-term planning) for CRUK Trading. Communicate clearly to enable the organisation to own and take responsibility for their plans.Key Technical Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours: Minimum Criteria:
For full details of the role and to view our benefits, please see our Candidate Pack.What will I gain?
- Part or newly qualified accountant (or by experience)
- Experience of financial planning, modelling and reporting
- Experience of building strong business partnering relationships
- Supporting & communicating with a variety of complex teams with multiple income streams & KPI's
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So, we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, and much more. We want to ensure that you have the best work/life balance possible, so we actively encourage a flexible working culture for all of our roles wherever possible. Depending on your role, options for flexibility could include homeworking, reduced or flexi-hours, job shares, job splits, and core hours. For the majority of our office-based roles you'll only be required to work from a specific location for 1 or 2 days a week on average. You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.Job Share
We're happy to consider you as part of a job share for this role, and we would recommend finding a job-share partner prior to submitting your application. If you don't have a job share partner you are still welcome to apply, but your application can only be considered if another suitable candidate applies who wishes to be part of a job share. Please ensure that you make us aware that you are applying for a job share in your application.
Together, we will beat cancer.