"Finance without strategy is just numbers, and strategy without finance is just dreaming." E. Faber.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established British firm to recruit a Finance Manager into its team on a 9-month fixed term contract to begin with but with a strong chance of going permanent. This role comes with flexibility to work from home with the view to eventually spending around 2 days at the firm's head office based in north-west Wiltshire.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the day to day running of several customer contracts
• Manage all financial activities in relation to those contracts in a manner that adds value to the client, and to the business, by offering support to maximise financial performance and maximising value on the contracts
• Management Reporting - P&L, Management reporting and commentary and KPI analysis
• To ensure a strong financial control environment, with strong reporting and balance sheet controls developed and adhered to
• Use of commercial modelling and data manipulation to drive business performance
• To ensure all financial procedures are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with procedures
• Build a rapport, develop trust with finance and operations colleagues
• Support the management team, providing regular information relating to performance vs target and areas for potential improvement
• Ensures budgets and forecasts have been accurately compiled with regard to underlying operating assumptions
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Part/fully qualified in an accounting qualification (ACCA/ACMA/CIMA)
• Ability to manipulate and reconcile large quantities of raw data to draw out meaningful and accurate conclusions
• Sound budgeting, balance sheet, and ledger knowledge
• Experience of commercial data modelling
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.