Senior Development Finance Advisor
About Development Initiatives (DI)
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions that create an equitable and resilient world.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
To support our work, we are looking for a Senior Development Finance Advisor to join us in Bristol and play a key role in our development finance portfolio of work.
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, DOE
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days' holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days' paid leave for charitable work (volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people)
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
If you are a senior level development finance professional with a passion for reducing poverty on a global scale, you will be able to support vulnerable people the world over and enable our vital work.
You will have the chance to implement processes and practices that will ensure we are helping the right people in the right places at the point they need assistance the most.
As a Senior Development Finance Advisor, you will provide senior-level analytical and engagement input for our development finance portfolio of work.
Ensuring cohesion and vision within this phase of our work, you will work across a number of projects and geographies to support quality analysis, undertake cutting-edge work and inspire new thinking.
You will produce top-quality research for a range of audiences, including reports, compelling blogs and factsheets, and develop new and innovative ways to present our work. Working closely with the Development Finance Lead, you will represent our work externally, whilst supporting colleagues to develop and deliver effective content.
Your role will also involve:
- Providing compelling and accessible syntheses of extensive research studies to demonstrate what works where
- Managing relationships with key external stakeholders
- Working closely with engagement and communications colleagues to ensure all work meets needs
- Scoping and maintaining new partnerships and opportunities
To join us as a Senior Development Finance Advisor, you will need:
- Strong experience of, and expertise in, the field of development finance with in-depth knowledge of financing in national and international contexts
- Experience of working in the international development sector
- Experience of engagement or advocacy in a relevant policy area
- Engagement and networking experience in the development sector, with a wide range of contacts and proven experience of managing relations/influencing a range of stakeholder groups, including governments, multilateral organisations, regional organisations, CSOs, politicians, the media, and the private sector
- Fluent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- First-rate written and analytical skills, evidenced in published work, with the ability to interpret complex information and data and proven ability to draw out succinct and accessible narrative from data through clear and accessible presentation and products
- An understanding of the global international development policy landscape and policy debates, including knowledge of key global institutions and policy processes (World Bank, UN, OECD)
- Rigorous research skills in both qualitative and quantitative methods, with a strong track record of publications for policy audiences
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field (such as politics, economics, or international relations) or equivalent work experience
Experience of working in government, parliament or for a relevant international organisation would be beneficial to your application. Fluency in a second UN language would also be highly desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Development Finance Advisor, or International Development Finance Advisor.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and, in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
The closing date for this role is the 25th June 2021.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as our Development Finance Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.