Caterham, SurreyContact Type:
Full-time / PermanentHours:
40 hours per week.Salary
: £43,356 - £48,901 (L1 - L6 London Fringe) Closing Date:
27th June 11pmThe Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We're currently looking for an Assistant Head teacher for our Caterham Education Centre in Caterham, Surrey. The centre supports young people aged 11 - 16 who have difficulties with communication and social interaction, typically associated with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism, and challenging behaviour.
Aurora Caterham Education Centre (CEC) is a 30-place secondary/post 16 learning centre for young people with ASD/SEMH, based in the heart of the community in Caterham-on-the-hill, with brand new state of the art conversion.
We are linked to Aurora Redehall School and share the same Headteacher and Senior Management Team, however each site has its own Assistant Head and team of Teachers and TAs. Although the sites operate separately on the whole, students do cross between sites occasionally.Key Accountabilities:
- To play a key role in the overall smooth running of the school
- To spend up to 40% (to be directed by the Headteacher) of working time classroom based demonstrating and modelling good practice and ensuring 'quality teaching first'.
- To lead by example of his/her practice, and by positively encouraging, coaching and mentoring and supporting training and development for all members of the team.
- To take lead responsibility for ensuring the best possible curriculum offer, provision, well-being, progress and achievement for all children especially through enrichment, creative learning, extended services, partnerships and collaboration.
- To work with the Headteacher & Deputy Headteacher to ensure that the school offers a high quality, exciting, engaging, well resourced, differentiated and well matched curriculum for all children.
- To develop positive relationships within the school, wider Aurora Team and externally which support the running and developing of the school towards and sustaining outstanding.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
How to apply
- Qualified Teacher status (QTLS or QTS)
- Proven track record of excellent creative and structured teaching within relevant key stages and/or special needs environment.
- Leadership of a significant area or phase or inclusion, including responsibility for raising standards across the whole school
- Understanding of the implementation of ASD intervention and support strategies (TEACCH or other similar).
- Experience of holding responsibility for and turning policy into effective and successful practice
- Successful management of complex scenarios and conflict resolution
- Experience of OFSTED inspection and following action planning.
- Experience of curriculum leadership action planning and resource management
- Evidence of contributing effectively to the work of the senior leadership team.
To apply for this role please do so on our website, for more information on this position please contact / Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care.